Thinking Teaching is a two-day introduction to teaching and learning arts in higher education. The course has been designed for UAL staff who are either new to teaching or whose roles include an aspect of teaching or supporting learning. It will be especially useful for new Associate Lecturers, PhD students, technicians, library services and academic support staff.
Thinking Teaching will orient participants to the purposes and practices of university teaching. The course is a highly interactive blend of theoretical input and practical activity.
- Reflect on your own teaching practice and learning experiences
- Gain an understanding of key pedagogic ideas
- Explore basic techniques for designing teaching sessions
- Co-design and deliver a micro-teaching activity
- Learn to consider learners
- Explore potential barriers to learning.
Following completion of the course, learners are supported to apply for Associate Fellowship (AFHEA), a sector wide professional recognition overseen by AdvanceHE.
Thinking Teaching runs multiple times throughout the academic year. View upcoming courses and book your place.
What can I do next?
After the PgCert, continue developing your professional, practitioner and research expertise.