Computers and printing
UAL offers computer, printing and digital facilities at all Colleges. Find out where they are and how to use them.
Printing from UAL computers
UAL Print is UAL's print service. You can print, scan and photocopy on any of the Multi-Functional Devices (MFD). Please note this is for standard printing needs only - if you require specialised printing services, please contact your College's specialist print room.
Follow the instructions below to print from a UAL computer:
1. Sign into a UAL Computer
2. Open the file you want to print and select File and then select Print
3. Under Printer select UAL Colour (for colour) or UAL Mono (for black and white)
4. Select Print
5. Press your student ID card to the icon on the side of the printer's reader to log in
6. Select your print jobs and follow the on screen instructions
Need help with an MFD?
Local support staff in Libraries or Learning Zones can help you set up printer preferences.
Forgotten your ID card?
You can log in to an MFD using your UAL login credentials. Press the 'Login with networking ID' button on the MFD homescreen and use the keypad to enter your UAL network username and password.
Printing from a USB device
You can print .JPEG and .PDF files from a FAT32 format USB device on any Canon printer at UAL. Please note that other USB formats are not accepted.
- If you wish to print a Word document, you must convert it to a .PDF first
- .PNG formats cannot currently be printed
- Check out the Printing from a USB guide (PDF 273KB) instructions.
- Web Print allows you to send a file to the UAL printer network from your laptop or while you are at another location. Windows, Mac OS and Macbook devices are supported
- To visit the online portal, go to ualprint.arts.ac.uk and navigate to the Web Print section. Here you will find your print jobs, balance, environmental impact, transactions history and more
- Mobility Print allows wireless printing on UAL printers from your personal device e.g. smart phone, tablet or laptop
- Both iOS (9.2+) and Android (4.4+) devices are supported
- Disclaimer: All prints are automatically set to print double-sided and A4
Take a look at the Mobility Print and Web Print guide (PDF 566KB) for step-by-step instructions on both features.
Top-up your print credit
You can top up your printing account online with £2, £5, £10, £20, £50 or £100.
Lost ID card? Your printing credits will transfer to your new card automatically.
How to add credit
Please note: Refunds cannot be issued for any unused credit
1. Go to the online portal ualprint.arts.ac.uk
2. Select Add Credit
3. Choose the amount (£2, £5, £10, £20, £50 or £100) under Amount to add
4. Click Add Value
5. You will be directed to a payment screen where you should enter your card details and click Pay Now
A4 colour: 15p per page
A3 colour: 24p per page
A4 black and white: 4p per page
A3 black and white: 8p per page
Find computer and printing facilities
UAL printers are designed for standard white paper only. Should you need to print on any other medium, there are computer and printing facilities available at every College:
- Camberwell College of Arts
- Chelsea College of Arts
- Central Saint Martins - also see digital media
- London College of Communication - or visit LCCTech (search 'printing')
- London College of Fashion - search 'printing'
- Wimbledon College of Arts
Need to make an Online Resource Booking? Go to ORB and select your College.
Binding and laminating
You can bind or laminate your work at the Open Space at LCF, and the Digital Reprographics Area at LCC.
The Open Space at LCF High Holborn offers binding and laminating services. This space also offers:
- paper trimmers
- cutting mats
- bulk copying
- tracing paper
- acetates and other stationary
The Digital Reprographics Area at LCC offers binding and laminating services. Use of trimmers, guillotines or bulk copy here too.