Computers and printing
UAL offers computer, printing and digital facilities at all Colleges. Find out where they are and how to use them.
Printing from UAL computers
UAL Print is the print service at the University. You can print, scan and photocopy on any of the Multi-Functional Devices.
Follow the instructions below to print from a UAL computer:
1. Sign into a UAL Computer
2. Open the file you want to print and select File and then select Print
3. Under Printer select UAL Colour (for colour) or UAL Mono (for black and white)
4. Select Print
5. Press your student ID card to the icon on the side of the printer's reader to log in
6. Select your print jobs and follow the on screen instructions
Need help with an MFD?
Please ask local support staff if you are unsure which computer to use, or how to set printer preferences.
Forgotten your ID card?
You can log in to an MFD using your UAL login credentials. Press button for 'login with networking ID' and use the keypad to enter your username and password.
Printing from a USB device
You can print .JPEG and .PDF files from a USB device on any Canon printer at UAL.
- If you wish to print a Word document, you must convert it to a .PDF first
- .PNG formats cannot currently be printed
- The supported formatting of USBs is FAT32
Check out the Printing from a USB guide (PDF 273KB) instructions.
- Web Print allows you to send a file to the UAL printer network from your laptop or while you are at another location. Windows, Mac OS and Macbook devices are supported
- To visit the online portal, go to ualprint.arts.ac.uk and navigate to the Web Print section. Here you will find your print jobs, balance, environmental impact, transactions history and more
- Mobility Print allows wireless printing on UAL printers from your personal device e.g. smart phone, tablet or laptop
- Both iOS (9.2+) and Android (4.4+) devices are supported
- Disclaimer: All prints are automatically set to print double-sided and A4
Take a look at the Mobility Print and Web Print guide (PDF 566KB) for step-by-step instructions on both features.
Top-up your print credit
You can top up your printing account online with £2, £5, £10, £20, £50 or £100.
How to add credit
Student print credit have now been transferred over, please follow the instructions below to top up your credit:
1. Go to the online portal ualprint.arts.ac.uk
2. Select Add Credit
3. Choose the amount (£2, £5, £10, £20, £50 or £100) under Amount to add
4. Click Add value
5. You will be directed to a payment screen, please enter your card details and click Pay Now
A4 black and white: 4p per page
A3 black and white: 8p per page
A4 colour: 20p per page
A3 colour: 32p per page
Graduating soon? It is not possible to refund your printing credits. Make sure you use up your printing credit before you leave!
Lost ID card? Your printing credits will transfer to your new card automatically.
Find computer and printing facilities
There are computer and printing facilities available at every college:
- See facilities at Camberwell
- See facilities at Chelsea
- See facilities at Central Saint Martins - also see digital media
- See facilities at London College of Communication - or visit LCCTech (search 'printing')
- See facilities at London College of Fashion - search 'printing'
- See facilities at Wimbledon
Need to make an Online Resource Booking? Go to ORB and select your College.
Binding and laminating
You can bind or laminate your work at the Open Space at LCF, and the Digital Reprographics Area at LCC.
The Open Space at LCF High Holborn offers binding and laminating services. This space also offers:
- paper trimmers
- cutting mats
- bulk copying
- tracing paper
- acetates and other stationary
The Digital Reprographics Area at LCC offers binding and laminating services. Use of trimmers, guillotines or bulk copy here too.