We have temporarily adjusted our printing services within UAL libraries to accommodate social distancing.
Clean before use
Please use good hand hygiene before and after touching printers. Wipe printer surfaces clean before and after use using the products provided.
‘One touch’ printing
Print all documents with a just one tap of your UAL ID card. Any document you have sent for printing will be released as soon as you tap your card.
USB printing has been disabled
As a temporary measure, you can no longer use a plug-in a USB to print directly from a printer. This is to limit physical touch points where possible.
Remove your jobs
If you need to cancel a print job, please do this at your computer by opening the print queue function, rather than cancelling on the printer’s touchscreen.
Keep your distance
Please avoid queuing at printers and give people space wherever possible to avoid overcrowding.
You can print, scan and photocopy on any of the Samsung printers across UAL sites.
Please note this is for standard printing needs only (A3 and A4 on standard white paper). If you require other printing services, see specialist printing facilities.
Printing from UAL computers
- Open the file and select File > Print
- Under Printer select UAL Colour (for colour) or UAL Mono (for black and white)
- Select Print
- Press your student ID card to the icon on the side of the printer's reader to log in.
Forgotten your ID Card? Press the 'Login with networking ID' button on the printer's homescreen and use the keypad to enter your UAL network username and password.
- Select your print jobs and follow the on-screen instructions
Need printer help?
Local support staff in Libraries or Learning Zones can help you set up printer preferences.
Printing from USB devices
Please note: USB printing is currently unavailable due to COVID-19 social distancing guidelines.
You can print .JPEG and .PDF files from a FAT32 formatted USB device on any Samsung printer at UAL. Please note that other USB formats are not accepted.
- If you wish to print a Word document, you must convert it to a .PDF first
- .PNG formats cannot currently be printed
- Check out the Printing from a USB guide (PDF 273KB) instructions.
- Web Print allows you to send a file to the UAL printer network from your laptop (Windows, Mac OS and Macbooks are supported) or while you are at another location.
- Go to the online portal and navigate to the Web Print section.
- Mobility Print allows wireless printing on UAL printers from your personal device e.g. smart phone, tablet or laptop
- Both iOS (9.2+) and Android (4.4+) devices are supported
- All prints are automatically set to print double-sided and A4
Take a look at the Mobility Print and Web Print guide (PDF 566KB) for step-by-step instructions on both features.
Top-up your print credit
A4 colour: 15p per page
A3 colour: 24p per page
A4 black and white: 4p per page
A3 black and white: 8p per page
Please note: Refunds cannot be issued for any unused credit on your account - take care to only top-up what you need
Lost ID card? Your printing credits will transfer to your new card automatically.
Pay online by card
- Log in to the online portal using your UAL credentials
- Select Add Credit
- Choose the amount under Amount to add (either £2, £5, £10, £20, £50 or £100)
- Click Add Value
- You will be directed to a payment screen where you should enter your card details and click Pay Now
Pay with cash
You can pay by cash or card at top-up stations in Libraries.
Find specialist printing facilities
UAL printers are designed for standard white paper only. Should you need to print on any other medium, there are computer and printing facilities available at every College:
- Camberwell College of Arts
- Chelsea College of Arts
- Central Saint Martins - also see digital media
- London College of Communication - or visit LCCTech (search 'printing')
- London College of Fashion - search 'printing'
- Wimbledon College of Arts
Need to make an Online Resource Booking? Go to ORB and select your College.
Binding and laminating
You can bind or laminate your work at the Open Space at LCF and the Digital Reprographics Area at LCC.
The Open Space at LCF High Holborn offers binding and laminating services. This space also offers:
- Paper trimmers
- Cutting mats
- Bulk copying
- Tracing paper
- Acetates and other stationary