Chelsea College of Arts has an extensive range of professional workshops and facilities. They are staffed by a highly experienced team of specialist technicians.
Take a virtual tour of our buildings, studios and spaces at Chelsea.
Chelsea's photography facilities provide a range of cameras, lighting and other related equipment that students can loan. We have 4 photography studios. Students from all courses can book the studios. They are used to make original photographic images or to document work. The studios are run by 2 specialist photography technicians.
Chelsea has an audio visual editing studio that offers studio space and equipment loan. The college’s digital print studio has 7 different printers, 2 iMacs and 2 scanners. There is a print finish and display workshop dedicated to 2D works. The library also has Macs, PCs and scanners students can use.
Chelsea’s 3D workshops are fully equipped to industry standards.
- Metal - work with steel using techniques like welding, bending, braising, cutting, rolling and lathe work
- Wood - make small scale models and large scale structures
- Foundry - pour molten aluminium or bronze into moulds
- Casting - cast in materials including aluminium, bronze, clay, plaster, porcelain, slip and wax
- Ceramics - use clay, earthenware and porcelain to make small or large scale work
- Laser cutting - work with metal, plastics, wood, fabrics and other materials
Chelsea has specialist facilities for our BA and MA Textile Design courses. Equipment available for students:
- Digital and screen printing workshops
- Knitting and sewing machines
- Print and dye facilities
- Looms for weaving
Project and Maker Spaces
Chelsea has a variety of project spaces students can use. These range from small studios to larger exhibition spaces, such as the Triangle Space. The maker space is a student led space.