Chelsea's research interests
- Interior and spatial design
- Moving image
- The oral history of art and design
- Transnational art
Chelsea shares common research interests with Camberwell and Wimbledon in critical fine art practice, drawing, art history and theory.
Our graduate school
The Camberwell, Chelsea and Wimbledon graduate school incorporates research across the 3 colleges. It enables staff and PhD/MPhil students to develop their research careers.
The graduate school gives staff and PhD/MPhil students based at Chelsea access to a wider research network and community.
Through our research degrees and taught postgraduate courses, each college maintains its’ unique research identity.
Find out more about the benefits of studying a research degree at Camberwell, Chelsea and Wimbledon graduate school.
Our research centres
The graduate school includes 3 UAL research centres:
- Centre for Circular Design (CCD) - design research for the circular economy through materials, models and mindsets
- Ligatus - leading research within libraries and archives with particular interests in historical bookbinding
- Transnational Art, Identity and Nation (TrAIN) - a forum for historical, theoretical and practice-based research in architecture, art, communication, craft and design