Camberwell College of Arts has a range of professional workshops and facilities.
Take a virtual tour of our buildings, studios and spaces at Peckham Road.
Camberwell's printmaking centre gives students access to both traditional and digital facilities. Our technicians support students in making work using digital, screen, mono and relief printing, plate and stone lithography, letterpress, aquatint and etching.
Camberwell's library provides students with access to equipment and training. Students can use programmes such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects and Final Cut Pro.
Camberwell's photography centre has a range of darkrooms and specialist equipment available for students. There is also a digital darkroom which is used to teach BA Fine Art Photography students photographic digital workflows.
Multi format fibre darkroom
- Black and white darkroom for tray processing
- 10 enlargers configured for a variety of formats
- Fibre based printing only
35mm black and white resin darkroom
- An Ilford resin coated paper processor
- 9 enlargers
Black and white film processing room
- Daylight tanks or trays for large format
- Used for learning photographic studio techniques
- Production of work in still and video formats
- Flash and constant lighting are available
Specialist print darkroom
- Cyanotype, liquid emulsion, salt and albumen printing
- Enlargers and a space for toning
Colour print darkroom
- An RA4 processor for colour negative printing
- 5 enlargers
Camberwell's 3D workshops allow students to make work in metal, ceramics, plastic and wood.
- Metal - metal guillotine, sand blaster, forge, grinding, metal saw, plasma cutter, MIG, TIG and spot welding
- Ceramics - glazing lab, kilns, plaster room, spray booth and working area
- Plastic - 3D printer, laser cutter, vacuum former, milling drill, hot wire
- Wood - ban saws, table saw, panel saw, router, belt sander
- Foundry - metal casting
Foundation Diploma Workshops
Our Foundation Diploma in Art and Design has its own specialist workshops at Wilson Road. Each area is run by experienced technicians, who are on hand to provide guidance and support. Students have access to a 3D workshop, printmaking, digital media and photography facilities.