Camberwell College of Arts has a range of professional workshops and facilities.
Camberwell's 3D workshops allow students to make work in metal, ceramics, plastic and wood.
- Metal - metal guillotine, sand blaster, forge, grinding, metal saw, plasma cutter, MIG, TIG and spot welding
- Ceramics - glazing laboratory, indoor kilns, plaster room, spray booth and working area
- Plastic - laser cutter, vacuum former, milling drill, hot wire, 3D printer
- Wood - ban saws, table saw, panel saw, router, belt sander
- Foundry - metal casting
Camberwell's printmaking centre gives students access to both traditional and digital facilities. Our technicians support students in making work using the following techniques:
- Digital, screen, mono and relief printing
- Plate and stone lithography
- Aquatint and etching
Camberwell's photography centre has a range of darkrooms and specialist equipment available for students. There is also a digital darkroom specifically for BA Fine Art Photography students. This is used to teach photographic digital workflows.
- Used for learning photographic studio techniques
- Production of work in still and video formats
- Flash and constant lighting are available
Multi format fibre darkroom
- Black and white darkroom for tray processing
- 10 enlargers configured for a variety of formats
- Fibre based printing only
Specialist print darkroom
- Cyanotype, liquid emulsion, salt and albumen printing
- Enlargers and a space for toning
35mm black and white resin darkroom
- An Ilford resin coated paper processor
- 9 enlargers
Colour print darkroom
- An RA4 processor for colour negative printing
- 5 enlargers
Black and white film processing room
- Daylight tanks or trays for large format
Camberwell's digital media centre provides students with access to equipment and training. The digital media centre includes an open access media suite. We have a large number of Macs. Students can use programmes such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects and Final Cut Pro.
Video and sound editing, stop frame animation, image manipulation, digital and 3D printing and scanning facilities are available. There are further Mac and PC computers in the library.
We offer training in digital media software. Students learn through structured workshops and optional one-on-one sessions with our technicians.
Foundation Diploma Workshops
The Foundation Diploma in Art and Design has its own specialist workshops at Wilson Road. Each area is run by experienced technicians, who are on hand to provide guidance and support. Students have access to a 3D workshop, printmaking, digital media and photography facilities.