PR and Marketing (16 - 18 Year Olds)
This short course will introduce you to the dynamic, exciting world of PR and marketing. You will learn about a range of roles and functions within the communication industries such as direct marketing, digital marketing, advertising and public relations (PR).
This is a very practical and engaging course. You will work in groups to analyse current case-studies and go on a site visit to see marketing and PR in action. At the end of the course you will give a presentation to the rest of the class on what you have learned.
- The marketing mix
- Press releases and editorial coverage
- Press packs
- Images to influence the media
- Social media and email marketing
- YouTube and video generated content
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of PR and marketing
- Identify and evaluate the components of the marketing mix
- Describe and critique a current campaign
- Apply for further study with an advanced knowledge of PR and marketing
Who should attend
This course is perfect for you if you are thinking about further study, a career or apprenticeship in PR or marketing.You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required.
Examples of Student Work
Take a look at Whitewallpr on Instagram, a student Fashion PR Communication & Consulting project.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.