Inclusive Core Practice supports the diverse needs of students and enables learning independent of time, location and pace.
All UAL courses should have an online ‘core’ regardless of the ratio of on-site and online delivery. This will help course teams support communication and increase student engagement, retention and attainment. This will help students achieve learning outcomes and feel confident about their digital wellbeing.
Use these guides to plan your teaching:
- Inclusive Core Practice
- Core Practice for inclusive Online Teaching: A Checklist for Supporting Maximum Participation (PDF 166 KB)
- Core Practice for Inclusive Assessment Online (Word 50 KB)
- Non-UAL Digital Platforms for Teaching and Learning (PDF 152 KB)
- Inclusive Blended Learning Design Toolkit
- Supplementary guidance for safe and inclusive online learning (PDF228KB)
Moodle is the core digital platform used to support UAL students and staff in their learning and teaching at UAL. Moodle enables staff to create secure online sites for course content, learning activities, assessments and communication with students.
Ally is a study and accessibility tool integrated with Moodle. It provides information about the accessibility of documents uploaded to Moodle. Ally allows you to download Moodle documents into your preferred learning format such as tagged PDFs, MP3s, or electronic braille.
Use the Ally guides to learn about alternative formats and accessibility indicators.
Collaborate Ultra is a video conferencing platform ideal for live sessions and recorded video content. You can apply the principles of content and contact by using Collaborate Ultra to host tutorials, pre-record lectures, or open it up for project planning and group work.
Use our guide to learn more about using Collaborate Ultra and archiving recordings using Panopto.
Creating educational video
Learn how to use educational videos and Panopto in your teaching.
Supporting a community
Discover how to use digital tools Miro, myblog, Padlet and Teams when connecting with your students.
Staff development sessions
Learn more about upcoming opportunities. (Canvas login required.)
If you would like any support or guidance, submit a ticket through MySupport or get in touch with your college Digital Learning staff.
- Camberwell, Chelsea and Wimbledon: email@example.com
- Central Saint Martins: firstname.lastname@example.org
- London College of Communication: email@example.com
- London College of Fashion: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Creative Computing Institute: email@example.com