Our recent student survey shows that students value feeling connected to their classmates. You can encourage your students to share their work and collaborate using Padlet, Miro, myblog, Workflow or Microsoft Teams.
Padlet is an online pin board or canvas that can be used by individuals or groups as a scrapbook, portfolio, noticeboard, mind map, blog or discussion forum.
Miro is an online, collaborative whiteboard platform with a broad range of features. It can be used when working on shared tasks, group work, games and individual or group presentations.
myblog is a Wordpress-based blogging platform that can be used for individual or group blogs or websites. They can be a helpful way of supporting open discussion and a culture of sharing and building ideas.
Workflow is an ePortfolio or eStudio where you collect and curate images, video and other media. You can work in a group and choose who can see your content. You can also change the layout and visual style.
Microsoft Teams should be used for small groups in either course team collaboration or meetings with students. For example, meeting students for 1-to-1 tutorials is easy to schedule and setup. For larger teaching sessions, we recommend Collaborate Ultra.
Teams has additional functionality such as channels, file sharing, etc. If you would like to use this functionality we recommend that you speak to your college digital learning teams.
- Microsoft Teams Quick Guide (PDF 239 KB) - how to create and join a meeting, chat with participants, share a presentation and leave a meeting
- Using Microsoft Teams for Online Meetings - videos on creating and joining a meeting, navigating the toolbar and sharing a presentation
- Recording using Microsoft Teams (PDF 350 KB) - how to record and download presentations
- Microsoft Teams Holding Slide (PowerPoint 83KB) - a slide to use at the beginning of a Teams meeting that explains the Teams toolbar and meeting etiquette
- Working Off-site – information on how to use Microsoft Teams and other apps for off-site working
- In-depth resources - a curated page of other Microsoft Teams resources
If you would like any support or guidance, submit a ticket through MySupport or get in touch with your college Digital Learning staff.