Using painting as a medium, you will experience the limitless creative power of self expression. The teaching method is structured around visual exercises in response to a theme. They will accelerate your understanding of essential elements in the creative process. Imagination, intuition, freedom and spontaneity are essential in the development of visual expression.
- Students will learn composition, texture and value of colour in abstract, figurative and surreal forms.
- Daily exercises are designed to release student's' potential by establishing an independent vision.
- There will be a demonstration of techniques relating to surface, texture, depth and use of colour.
On completion of the course you will be able to recognise your creative strength, sustain concentration, trust your vision and express your imagination with confidence, through technique, form, and colour. You will be able to unlock and connect to the creative power of your mind.
Who should take this course?
The course is open to students at all levels
Entry requirements: None
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Ewa Gargulinska is an internationally recognised Polish artist and lecturer from the School of Visual Arts in New York. Her private collectors include Arthur Sackler (founder of the new wings to the Royal Academy in London and Metropolitan Museum in New York), Jeremy Irons and Vernon Ellis, chairman of English National Opera. www.ewagargulinska.co.uk
Material supplied by us: specialist paper
Please bring with you to the first session:
A flat large plastic or wooden palette
A palette knife - heart shaped
Brushes (1.5" to 2" long):
- flat 3" wide from hog bristle
- flat 2" wide from hog bristle
- flat 2" wide from nylon
- fan brush for glazing, approximately 1" wide
Paints (acrylics by Widsor & Newton) :
- Brown Madder or Raw Umber
- Alizarin Crimson
- Indian Red
- Lemon Yellow
- Indigo or Prussian Blue
- Cadmium Red
- Sap Green
- Viridian Green
- Cerulean Blue
- Zinc White
- Ivory Black
- Acrylic Medium
- a flat large plastic or wooden palette
- palette knife - heart shaped
- baby wipes with no fragance
- jars for water