Art and Design for 11 to 13 Year Olds Online Short Course
Course descriptionThis online course will help young art students aged 11 to 13 years old strengthen their portfolios, gain confidence in their abilities and engage with experimentation and generation of ideas. You will be free to approach your projects in the way you choose and focus on your areas of interest, such as painting, drawing, photography or illustration. We will look at modern and contemporary artists’ work, with a focus on learning about artistic practice and developing ideas. You will create a range of work in and explore a variety of media. The course encourages experimentation and the development of a critical approach to the work produced. As you gain more confidence in your abilities, you will be encouraged to take greater control and responsibility for the direction of your work.
Who should attend
Students aged 11 to 13, with an interest in art and design, including complete beginners.
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons, all of our classes are live, you won't find any recordings here
- Clear, explanations and easy to understand lessons.
- Live demonstrations, so you can see exactly how things should be done
- Live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor, using your microphone and camera, or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
How to book:
- Click add to basket
- If you are an adult booking a place for a child or teenager, you will need two email addresses one for your booking confirmation email and one for the student. *
- Select the option to book for someone else
- Add the bookers details under Your details
- And the students details under Delegate 1
* In the case that your child does not have an email address, please create their account with an alternative email address. If you need help with booking please use our online chat or call 0207 514 7015
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
- Learn how to make and present work
- Explore mark and image making
- Researching modern and contemporary artists
- Developing ideas and talking about your work
- Documenting your work
These materials are required for this course:
- Drawing Pencils
- Permanent marker or black felt tip
- Coloured pencils/ markers / crayons
- Pencil sharpener
- A4 cartridge paper
- A3 cartridge paper
- Masking tape
- Glue stick
- Set of brushes
- Acrylic paint in primary colours Red, Blue, Yellow and White
- Inks (if you have them)
- Rags / tissues / pots for water etc.
- Printer (if you have one)
- A computer (PC or Mac) with an up-to-date operating system, webcam and microphone
- An up-to-date version of Chrome browser installed on your computer
- A headset with microphone/headphones is recommended, but not essential
Meet the Tutor:
This online course for 11 to 13 year olds will help young art students strengthen their portfolios, gain confidence in their abilities and engage with experimentation and generation of ideas. Several areas of fine art will be covered.