UAL Teaching Scholars
The UAL Teaching Scholars’ Award is a prestigious award that celebrates teaching. It formally recognises colleagues who demonstrate a sustained commitment to excellence in teaching and learning.
Successful applicants receive funding and support over a 2 year period to develop an aspect of their teaching practice. This will be designed to both impact on student learning and benefit the wider teaching and learning community.
Teaching Scholars join a network of peers who contribute to teaching and learning development at the University. To reflect their leadership they are also supported to attain professional recognition as a Senior or Principal Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Congratulations to our 2018 Teaching Scholars!
- The title of UAL Teaching Scholar for 2 years
- £5,000 project and development funding
- A special responsibility allowance
- Professional development support to become a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA)
UAL Teaching Scholars who successfully complete their projects and attain Senior Fellowship with the HEA will become UAL Senior Teaching Scholars at the end of their 2 year tenure.
Applicants will need to
- Have a current teaching or learning support role at UAL
- Be employed on a minimum 0.4 FTE contract
- Have 18 month’s service at UAL prior to making an application
- Have a PgCert in higher education teaching and learning or academic practice (or equivalent)
- Be a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Be supported by their line manager
How to apply
You'll need to complete an application and reference form, and provide a CV outlining your relevant academic and professional experience.
Please download the forms and read the guidance below carefully before completing them. Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current UAL Teaching Scholars
Use the links on the left to view current and previous UAL Teaching Scholars and UAL Senior Teaching Scholars.