UAL Teaching Scholars
The University of the Arts London (UAL) Teaching Scholars’ Award is a prestigious award for academic and support staff who demonstrate excellence in teaching and support.
Those who teach and support learning are significant for shaping effective learning experiences and UAL is committed to celebrating and sharing best practice. The UAL Teaching Scholars scheme asks for a rigorous appraisal of an individual’s teaching practice.
2016 Key dates
- Application deadline: 25 November 2016, midday
- Panel meeting: week beginning 12 December 2016
- Feedback to applicants: week beginning 19 December 2016
- UAL Announcement: Learning and Teaching Day 2017
- Appointment of new UAL Teaching Scholars: January 2017
- The title of UAL Teaching Scholar for two years
- £5000 project and development funding
- A special responsibility allowance
- Professional development support to become a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA)
On completion of the award, UAL Teaching Scholars may be eligible to become a UAL Senior Teaching Scholar indefinitely.
Applicants will need to:
- Be teaching and/or supporting learning at UAL
- Be employed on a minimum 0.4 FTE contract
- Have 18 month’s service at the University prior to making an application
- Have a PG Cert in Academic Practice (or equivalent)
- Be a fellow of the HEA
- Be fully supported by their line manager
How to apply:
You'll need to complete an application and reference form, and provide a CV outlining your relevant academic and professional experience. Please download the following documents and read the guidelines carefully before making your application.