Photography Portfolio Preparation
This course provides expert guidance as you develop work you can use to apply for further study. By the end of the course you will have a photography portfolio reflecting your personal manifesto.
LCC has an international reputation in photography education - theory and practice. With a focus on the relationship between the two you will be encouraged to establish a dialogue between your work and in the context of contemporary practice. From day one you will start to develop your ability to take, select and present pictures, and receive individual tuition and guidance. You will develop a workbook and photographic portfolio in analogue and digital forms, collecting, recording and analysing visual images and writing.
You will be taught through group and individual assignments, lectures, workshops, demonstrations, visits, peer group and individual tuition enabling you to develop the skills you need to create work as well as communicate it to an audience.You will receive individual tuition on the content and presentation of your portfolio.
A key part of the course is presenting your work for feedback and questions from your classmates. In return you will learn appropriate ways to critique other students' work.
Please note this course is suitable for you if you are applying for further study at LCC, but does not guarantee entry.
- Contemporary theory and practice
- Ideas generation
- Individual project work
- Advanced camera skills and techniques
- Specialist equipment and materials
- Workbook: ideas generation, analysis and research
- Progression advice and guidance
- One-to-one and group tutorials
- Presentations and peer critiques
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Make a wide-range of photographic work in response to set projects
- Use selected technical, conceptual, contextual and practical skills in the production of photographic work
- Realise ways in which older project or personal work can be built upon and extended
- Engage in a dialogue on the issues surrounding contemporary photography practice
- Present a new portfolio of work to specified audiences confidently
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for you if you have some previous photography experience and are interested in further study in photography.
Youwill need to come prepared with an existing project or idea for a project to pursueYou should have your own DSLR and know how to use it on manual settings. You should be willing to use at least one social networking site.It will be useful experience with post-production software such as Adobe Photoshop.
Follow Up Courses
Once you have completed this course you may be interested in BA (Hons) Photography or BA (Hons) Photojournalism and Documentary Photography.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.