With the expansion of the internet, fashion photographers are increasingly in demand. In this course you'll learn the fundamental skills involved in taking original fashion images for a variety of commissioners, from magazines to designers. You will focus on the practical photography techniques and develop your photographic eye, in order to deliver fashion photos to a professional standard.
The course includes daily feedback critique sessions, practical tips about cameras and studio lighting, a retouching workshop, discussions about presenting work (websites and iPad portfolios), practical mood-board development, and industry level guest speakers for Q&A sessions.
Lastly, working as part of a creative team, you will produce and execute a day-long fashion shoot using a professional industry team of models, fashion stylists, make-up artists and hair stylists, adding valuable content to your fashion photography portfolio.
Who should take this course?
- Students with an interest in fashion styling and photography
- Photographers, stylists and art directors
- Selection of location sets
- Set construction
- Propping and accessorizing
- Camera settings and lighting control
- Use of backdrops and reflectors
Please bring with you to the first session:
- A digital SLR camera, with memory card
- One notebook A4 size or larger
- On the first day please also bring a UK fashion magazine of your choice. Some suggestions include: Vogue, i-D, Dazed and Confused, Vice, Harpers, Sheer, Phoenix, SID, Another, GQ, Ponystep
Meet the Tutor:
Learn the fundamental skills involved in taking original fashion images for a variety of commissioners. Students will focus on practical photography techniques that are needed to be mastered in order to deliver fashion photos to a professional standard.