Experimental Fashion Drawing
Do you want to develop your illustrative skills in the field of fashion? This course proposes a variety of approaches to consider when illustrating fashion. Different ways of drawing and seeing the figure will be explored. Emphasis will be placed on injecting movement and expression into the figure and on communicating the essential elements of clothing.
Topics covered include:
- working from a model
- experimenting with a variety of media
- some classes will focus on collage
- creating mood
- setting and experimentation with the figure and clothes
This course should improve students' confidence and ability in drawing. The teaching will encourage students to form their own creative responses.
Who should take this course?
Students of all levels with an enthusiasm for fashion illustration and a desire to develop and practice their skills are welcome.
Entry requirements: none
Level: beginners as well as more experience students wishing to practice and develop with their fashion drawing skills.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Mark Risdon works as a fashion illustrator, designer and lecturer.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- A2 or A3 paper
- Soft pencils
- Also a selection of colour materials, which may include for example: oil crayons, coloured pencils, marker pens, watercolour crayons/pencils, soft pastels Aand brush and ink
During the course you will be encouraged to experiment with different media which may include:
- Oil pastels/crayons
- Coloured pencils
- Marker pens
- Watercolour crayons/pencils
- Soft pastels
- Gouache paint
- Collage materials: glue, scissors, magazine, papers, etc