Graphic Design Intermediate Online Short Course
This course has been specifically designed as a follow-up to our Graphics Design - Beginners short course. The emphasis is on the generation of ideas and creative thinking, rather than just studio techniques. It is a computer-free course. There will be visual exercises, visits to exhibitions, talks, and group critiques. Designed to push you beyond the basics, this course is also a lot of fun!
Who should take this course?
The course is designed for those who have completed an introductory short course and it assumes that you have some familiarity with the creative process.
It would be a useful course for students thinking of further study in graphic-related subjects.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please source the following materials:
- A4 or A3 sketchbook
- Black fine-liner pen
- Black marker pen
Your tutor will outline the course agenda in detail on day one of your course.
Meet the Tutor:
An intermediate computer free, graphic design course covering visual exercises, exhibition visits, talks, and group critiques. Designed to push you beyond the basics and beneficial for students thinking of further study in graphic design field.