This course will teach students from a range of backgrounds including Fashion, Architecture and Advertising, how to become Creative Directors.
Creative Directors play a key role in design and advertising agencies, as well as in brands and companies. They are generally responsible for, and leaders of, a group of creatives (art directors, copywriters, designers, photographers, video producers, etc.): from print to web, from TV to radio, from automotive to fashion.
Creative Directors have the last word on everything that will be communicated to the customer. They have the skills to understand the needs of customers and are responsible for the recruiting of team members.
By the end of this course you will understand the role of the Creative Director and have worked on projects that mimic the work of a creative director.
Who should take this course:
This course is suitable for Art Directors, Designers, Photographers, Creative students and professionals who wish to enhance their skills in creative Direction. This is a natural follow on course for students who have completed Art Direction, Fashion Styling, other Photography or Graphic Design courses at Central Saint Martins.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Giulio Mazzarini is a creative director and photographer living in London. He was born in Rome, Italy, where he graduated in Sociology. In 1998 he moved to London, where he completed a Masters in Design Studies at Central Saint Martins, University of The Arts London. After working on the creation of the trend forecasting website WGSN.com, he founded the communication studio GEM. His work has been seen in international magazines such as Vanity Fair, Marie Claire, Elle and Dazed & Confused. He has also contributed to the image development of companies and brands, such as L'Oréal, Reebok, Aston Martin, Citroen and Selfridges. He is an Associate Lecturer of the University of the Arts London, European Institute of Design (Rome) and Groupe INSEEC (Paris & London).
Please bring with you to the course:
A pencil and note pad.
IMPORTANT - Adobe ID Login for Short Course Students
Students will need to create an account with Adobe (unless you already have one) in order to access the Adobe suite at the college – instructions are included below. You will need to use a personal email address to create this. If you already have an account with Adobe, please make sure you bring your login details with you on the first day of the course.
- Creating an Adobe account is free.
- The software will only be accessible when logged into a UAL networked computer
- The same account can be used outside of the University, but software will only be accessible through a personal paid subscription that students will need to set up independently
- You can still create an account on the day but doing this beforehand will save time and avoid delays to the start of the class.
- If you already have an Adobe ID/ subscription you can use this on your short course rather than setting up a new account.
To create an account students will need to:
- Go to Adobe Sign in page.
- Select ‘Create an account’
- Enter your details and select ‘Create account’