Design for Business (16-18 Year Olds)
Are you thinking about applying for a degree in a creative subject but not sure it will lead to a career? Or thinking about study in business and concerned it won't be experimental enough to keep you engaged. At the end of this course you will have a much better idea what kind of undergraduate degree will help you reach inventive potential.
By looking at case-studies and going on visits you will learn about the links between good design and good business. You'll find out how to generate profitable ideas the job roles that make the UK creative industries thrive.
You will develop the core skills of creative and critical thinking that will help you make an application for further study and have the chance hone your communication skills as you present your ideas to the rest of the groupThis course is perfect for you if you are thinking of further study at LCC.
- Empathy and employment
- What makes new businesses successful
- Branding and advertising
- Co-design and Human centred design
- What does sustainability mean for business
- What exactly is 'innovation'?
- Artificial Intelligence and job roles
- Should design help make the world better?
- How does good design equal good business
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the links between creativity and business
- Use the basic principles of the design process to a project - from new ideas to mind-mapping
- Present your creative business ideas in a clear and engaging way
- Choose an undergraduate degree subject with confidence
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for you if you are applying for your first degree but not sure what subject be best for you. You may be thinking of an arts degree but worried it won't lead to a career, or trying to find a way to combine your creativity with a business degree.
Beginner. You should come with enthusiasm and an interest in the creative industries.
Follow Up Courses
This course is perfect for you if you are thinking about undergraduate study at LCC. We would recommend it as a great introduction to BA Design Management and Culture s and BA Design for Branded Spaces.This course does not guarantee you entry, but it may help your application to a degree with LCC.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.