Social Media Marketing (Online Short Course)
Social media has made marketing your business more accessible than ever. You may have already set up the relevant accounts, but what’s the best next step to get the most out of social media? Join this short course to learn how to optimise engagement and reach new audiences. You will develop awareness of the components of a successful social media strategy and learn how to grow your brand’s influence.
You will gain knowledge about the different factors that drive social media marketing, from audience engagement and return on investment (ROI) to making memes and going viral. You will also be introduced to key digital marketing knowledge about copyright, privacy laws and social media policies.
Through weekly online classes you will gain insight into how social media executives manage social media accounts to promote their brand. There will be an emphasis on developing a consistent tone of voice and narrative and you will be encouraged to create your own social media marketing strategy at the end of the course.
On this course you will learn how social media marketing can be useful to a professional social media strategist. If you would like to learn how to get the most out of social media and create engaging content across all platforms, whether it’s for your professional role or your own business, this course is for you.
- An overview of popular social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube
- Traditional marketing vs social media marketing
- Successful social media campaign case studies
- Engaging your target market
- How to use content to drive, accurately measure, and increase engagement with your target market
- Scheduling and creating a consistent voice across platforms
- Capturing and analysing metrics to segment and target your market
- Measuring a campaign's return on investment (ROI)
- Overview of online privacy laws
- Memes, viral videos and campaigns
- Best practice in social media marketing strategies
By the end of the course you will have an understanding of;
- Establish a sustainable presence on the social media platforms relevant to your business
- Increase engagement with your target market across social media platforms
- Execute a social media campaign and measure its impact using metrics
- Schedule and create content across platforms with a consistent narrative and tone of voice
- Understand online privacy laws and best practice for social media marketing
Who is Social Media Marketing (Online Short Course) for?
This course is for anyone who would like to learn more about social media strategy to grow brand audience and engagement. You may apply what you learn in a professional role or to your own business.
Level: Beginner, though you should have a basic understanding of Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and YouTube
Why choose an LCC Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Communication wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCC Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCC Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
Hana is a writer, blogging specialist and social media enthusiast. A former editor and founder of online magazines, Hana has nine years of experience with blogging, marketing and managing online platforms.
She started blogging in 2007 about Apple for MacBlog.sk the leading Apple weblog in Slovakia, and later for other online magazines about social media and marketing. In 2012 she founded a fashion blogazine which she led as the editor-in-chief for four years before she sold the website in 2012. In 2014 she sold another blog, Spring4sims.com, an aggregator about The Sims franchise. Both sites she founded, are still running and bring regular revenue to their new owners.
As well as her own projects, Hana has built up social media presence for global companies, including InnocentStore.com , startups and private clients. In the past year she's started teaching her own blogging course, organizes meet ups for blogger, and writes on her blog HanaJayWrites.com. She's published short stories for kindle and is currently writing a children's book.