Designing Pop Up Shops and Events (Online Short Course)
Designing Pop Up Shops and Events will show you how you can apply interior design skills, visual communication, marketing tools and project management to enhance your brand or launch products and to build new audiences.
Pop-Up shops allow designers and creatives to showcase and promote their work and products to specific customers and targeted audiences through the use of a unique, engaging and exciting temporary environment, yet often resulting with long term, lasting impressions.
With the guidance of a professional designer, you will learn how to visualise a space with a short, sustainable lifespan. A space that is modular and that can be repurposed, built up and broken down simply and efficiently.
For more information on Online Short Courses please see the below information.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
- Why you need a Pop-Up event
- Picking the perfect Pop-Up location
- Interior design and layout
- Retail merchandising, inventory and in-store displays
- Visual merchandising with creative window displays
- Visual communication and signage
- Technical requirements and E-commerce
- Social Media Marketing and promotion for your Pop-Up space
- Evaluating your Pop-Up event
You will be equipped with the right skills and knowledge to design, plan and implement your own Pop-Up event. Understand the importance of creating detailed specifications and implementing clear ordering procedures to ensure the smooth running and success of your Pop-Up event or Pop-Up shop.
Who should attend
Perfect for creatives of all disciplines wishing to run their own retail shop and become more entrepreneurial and business minded. If you are looking to establish your presence and gain exposure for your work in the market place, then this is the ideal course for you.
All Level Welcome
View PDF to explore progression: Interior Design: Your Journey [188kb]
Please note that Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
Debbie Flowerday has been a visual merchandiser for many years; her knowledge and experience of the display and visual merchandising industry is extensive. She has worked globally for well known retailers including Max Mara, Mary Quant, Estée lauder, Top Shop, Gucci and Royal Worcester. Her key skills include Visual Merchandising, Window Concept and Product Styling, Retail Design, Store Layout, Interior Design, Exhibition, Product Styling, Photographic Styling, Events & Product Launches and VM Training & Guidelines.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Onsite and offsite course specific materials
Please bring the following materials with you on the first day:
- Notebook and pen
- A few magazine publications (fashion and interiors) e.g. Vogue, Tank, Numero, Elle Decoration, World of Interiors
- Set of colouring pens
- Glue stick
- Tape, any
- Shoe box to create final project
- Home or fashion accessory items for product grouping, to be discussed on Monday
- Paints optional