What are the roles of an interior stylist? How can they maximise the impact of a project and make it look stylish? Stylists can fulfil a multitude of roles such as creating photo shoots for editorial and advertising, home interior styling, or exhibitions. This course provides a taster of these areas and an introductory insight into the styling industry.
The course aims to help you to develop more confidence in order to make your own choices and propose your own interior styling solutions.
By the end you should gain a better understanding of interior styling and an idea of the different roles open to those who want to develop a styling career.
Who should take this course?
- Interior designers with an interest in developing interior styling skills.
- Individuals looking for tips and insights that they may wish to apply to their own homes.
- Those looking to have an overview of the styling industry and of the professional opportunities in the area.
Please bring with you to the first session:
Magazines will be used for research and some will be supplied but you may want to bring in your own issues if there are any particularly inspiration shoots you have seen.
Later in the course:
- You will be required to source and bring to college a selection of objects for the photoshoot project, plus a memory stick for digital photos.
- Projects will be presented on mount board (A1/A2/A3) which you will have to provide, but will not be required for the first session.
- You may want to use your own laptop or tablet for research but this is not an essential requirement of the course.
- A variety of styling projects.
- Lectures on styling methods and techniques.
- How to interpret a brief, develop a concept, and present it as if you were presenting to client.
- Developing and presenting on style boards to the rest of class.
- How to keep informed of trends and strategies that you can use in order to be ahead of them.
- Exploring styling compositions and arrangements, leading to your own photo shoot.
You will be challenged in terms of what you can bring to interior styling and explore how to market yourself.
Meet the Tutor:
Stylists can fulfil a multitude of roles such as creating photo shoots for editorial and advertising, home interior styling, or exhibitions. This course provides a taster of these areas and an introductory insight into the styling industry.