Interior Design - Project Management (Online Short Course)
Interior Design - Project Management, will provide you with an essential overview of the practical aspects involved in successfully managing a professional project.
Through practical exercises and with reference to case studies, you will work through the design process: from interpreting client briefs, producing documentation and managing budgets and deadlines. Most importantly, you will learn to avoid mistakes, by considering the constraints of a project, such as technical impediments, legal requirements or accessibility that will influence the design from the outset. You will also become familiar with industry standards and methods to effectively communicate your vision to other trades.
For more information on Online Short Courses please see the below information.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
- Overview of the design process
- Client’s brief - ask the right questions, manage expectations
- Constraints and limitations: constructive, mechanical and electrical, fire regulations and access
- Effective communication with trades - drawings and document packages, industry standards
- Project management
- Practical examples
You will have learnt to think about checking for any constraints and avoid producing unworkable designs, due to technical or regulatory limitations. You will know how to communicate effectively with tradespersons, by using industry standards and documentation packages.
Who should attend
Newly trained interior designers, looking to gain confidence and professional guidance in relation to industry standards. Perhaps you are looking to start up your own business or seek opportunities as an intern?
View PDF to explore progression: Interior Design: Your Journey [188kb]
Trained as an architect, Charlotte Vandersleyen has gained experience internationally before settling in London. Having worked for renowned industry studios she built herself a network of reliable suppliers who are supporting her work in both the high end residential and commercial sectors. Her London based studio Busilis covers Architecture, Interiors and product design controlling all aspects of construction from start to finish.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Onsite and offsite course specific materials
Please bring the following materials with you on the first day:
- A triangular scale ruler 1:50, 1:20
- Pens (several colours), pencil,
- A3 Cartridge Paper
- Tape measure (5 M)