Filmmaking Portfolio Preparation (16 - 18 Year Olds)
This fun and exploratory course will introduce you to the fundamentals of film and video from production to post-production. You will have the chance to try out documentary, fiction, experimental moving image and sound. There is a large emphasis on the editing process of making moving image based work. Throughout the week we will consider the relationship of image and sound equally. The practical skills you will learn and your ability to speak about your work will help you make an application for further study in film or moving image.
Please note this course is suitable for you if you are applying for further study at LCC, but does not guarantee entry.
- Current practices and context
- Experimental moving image
- Documentary and fiction
- Cameras and film skills
- Film project
- Presentation and feedback
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Edit video and film into a sequence for a short film
- Edit a soundtrack into a sequence for a short film
- Have an understanding of ways to use film in moving image installation
- Understand the stages of production and post-production for filmmaking
- Be confident in film experimentation
- Support an application for work or study with a body of work and a greater confidence to talk about it
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for you if you between 16 – 18 and are considering further study or a career in filmmaking.
Beginner: You do not need any previous experience.
Follow Up Courses
Once you have taken this course you may be interested Animation and Illustration Portfolio Preparation (16-18 Year Olds) or Graphic Design (16 – 18 Year Olds).
We also offer bespoke courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page or view Mizuho Bank, UK: Film and Moving Image Training case study.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.