Apply to Study Abroad
Want to study abroad at UAL?
You can study abroad at each of our colleges, with courses lasting from 3 weeks up until a year.
Choose your course
- 31 October for January / February entry
- 31 May for September entry
- Full information on dates and fees
Study Abroad course search
Eligibility and application criteria
- Completed at least 1 year's study at an overseas higher education institution in a relevant undergraduate subject;
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or the equivalent;
- Meet UAL’s English language requirement.
English language requirements
- Be from a majority English speaking country or;
- Have studied for at least 1 year at a university in a majority English speaking country or;
- An IELTS score (or equivalent) of 6.0, or above, with 5.5 in each of the components. Certain courses require higher IELTS scores of 6.5, 7.0 or 7.5.
- Alternative English Language qualifications accepted by the UAL.
- LCF Study Abroad and Summer Study Abroad have varying IELTS entry requirements. Please check the individual course pages for more detail.
- The English language requirements for students applying for a Student visa may differ from those listed above. For more information, please contact email@example.com. Information on English Language requirements for the Student Visa route.
- The Language Centre at University of the Arts London offers English courses for overseas students who wish to improve their English language skills.
Application supporting documents
Supporting documents must be uploaded with the online application.
- Copy of the photo page in your passport
- Personal statement - must be between 300 and 500 words in length
- 1 academic reference
- Transcript of recent grades
- Art, Design Courses: You will be asked to submit a portfolio of 20-25 images via PebblePad. The work you include should show breadth, and demonstrate your creative thinking, and personal research, progressing through stages to a finished piece.
- Fashion at Central Saint Martins: You should demonstrate your fashion research and creative process skills; sketchbook imagery which shows the origin of ideas displayed in your portfolio; and the progression through design stages to a finished piece.
- Fashion, Footwear and Styling at London College of Fashion: Students applying for this course will be asked to send 5 portfolio images appropriate to the specialist area.
- Fashion Business, Fashion Media and Communication at London College of Fashion: Students applying for this course will be asked to submit 1 piece of written work appropriate to the specialist area. Written work should be provided in English with a suggested maximum length of 500 words.
- Acting and Directing Courses: You will be asked to upload an example of a recent performance in which you have taken a significant role via PebblePad.
- Sound Art: You will be asked to upload examples of your original sound work via PebblePad.
- Film and Television: You will be asked to upload a showreel of extracts of your film projects, along with a short-written film analysis, via PebblePad
- All other courses (such as Media Studies, Journalism, Publishing, PR etc): 1 piece of written work appropriate to the specialist area. Written work should be provided in English with a suggested maximum length of 500 words.