The Costume Store
Apply for halls
To apply, you will need to register for an account and complete the online application. Please have your student ID number (detailed in your course offer) ready.
You can register for a new UAL Accommodation account or log in to your existing account at our Student Housing Portal.
The Costume Store is one of UAL’s largest and newest halls having opened in September 2012. It is located on the site that once housed the BBC’s costume collection in North Acton, West London. It accommodates students in contemporary and stylish ensuite cluster flats and large self-contained studios.
The halls of residence are opposite North Acton tube station (Central Line), which offers quick and convenient access to many of the UAL College sites. The London College of Fashion site in Shepherd’s Bush is just 10 minutes away on the tube.
The local area has a small supermarket, independent coffee shops, a local pub and various fast food take away restaurants.
- Camberwell College of Arts: 62-minute tube journey / 69-minute bike ride
- Central Saint Martins: 43-minute tube trip / 53-minute bus journey
- Chelsea College of Arts: 41-minute tube trip / 50-minute bike ride
- London College of Communication: 42-minute tube trip
- London College of Fashion (Lime Grove): 14-minute bike ride / 21-minute tube trip / 25-minute bus journey / 47-minute walk
- Wimbledon College of Arts: 61-minute tube trip / 62-minute bike ride
Please note travel times are based on the nearest college.
Halls of Residence
160 Victoria Road
London W3 6UL
Travel zone: 2/3
Nearest tube: North Acton
Nearest train station: Acton Main Line
Take a tour of The Costume Store, its bedrooms, facilities and common spaces.
The Costume Store Gallery
Prices and sizes
Standard tenancies at The Costume Store are 51 weeks for a single occupancy and the following prices refer to the new academic year beginning in September 2018.
- Standard rooms are £189 per week, £9,639 in total. These rooms are approximately 11.9 metres squared with a single bed.
- Studio rooms are £254.00 per week, £12,954 in total. These rooms are approximately 25-29 metres squared with a double bed.
- Mobility adapted studio rooms for disabled students are £189 per week, £9,639 in total. These rooms are approximately 24 metres squared with a single bed.
- Premium studio rooms are £274 per week, £13,974 in total.
Study Abroad and Exchange students:
- Standard rooms for Study Abroad and Exchange students are £228 per week. These rooms are approximately 11.9 metres squared with a single bed.
- Single bed, wardrobe, desk, chair, bookcase and storage space
- Ensuite bathrooms in every bedroom
- Internet access in every bedroom at no extra cost
- Residents' common room
- Laundry facilities
- Large studio workshop space with hair and makeup stations
- An art gallery for UAL artists
- Courtyard space
- Bike storage
- 24-hour staff presence
- Contents insurance
- Social Reps and Wellbeing Reps living on site.
The accommodation is owned by iQ and is jointly managed with University of the Arts London.
This hall is signed up to the ANUK code of practice. For more information visit: nationalcode.org