Set in the heart of Camberwell, Portland House is made up of four 18th century Grade II listed buildings that have recently been refurbished.
Apply for halls
If you would like to apply, register for an account and complete the online application. Please have your student ID number (detailed in your course offer) ready.
Gardens House was a brand new development opened for the 2017/18 academic year, exclusively for UAL students. Less than a minute’s walk from Camberwell College of Arts, it’s perfect for students looking for a campus-style experience. The halls are situated on the college campus grounds, within easy reach of London College of Communication and Chelsea College of Arts too.
- Camberwell College of Arts: 1-minute walk
- London College of Communication: 14-minute bus journey, 23-minute tube trip, 40-minute bike ride
- Chelsea College of Arts: 20-minute bike ride, 34-minute bus journey, 53-minute walk
- Central Saint Martins: 41-minute bike ride, 55-minute tube trip
- London College of Fashion (John Prince's Street): 33-minute walk, 45-minute bus journey
- Wimbledon College of Arts: 54-minute bike ride
Please note travel times are based on the nearest College.
Halls of Residence
37-39 Peckham Road
Travel zone: 2
Closest tube: Oval
Closest train station: Denmark Hill
Closest bus routes: 12, 36, 171, 345, 436
Take a tour of Gardens House, its bedrooms, facilities and common spaces.
Gardens House Gallery
Please be advised that images in our photo gallery, including those seen in the films and virtual tours, are for guidance only. Our individual studios, bedrooms, kitchens, and communal area layouts vary considerably and may not look exactly as the images are shown.
Prices and sizes
The following prices refer to the new academic year beginning in September 2020.
- Standard rooms (41 weeks) are £234.50 per week, £9,615.50 in total. These rooms are 14.4 metres squared and under and have 3/4 size beds.
- Standard rooms (50 weeks) are £232.50 per week, £11,625 in total. These rooms are 14.4 metres squared and under and have 3/4 size beds.
- Standard rooms (Shared Bathroom), (50 weeks) are £195.50 per week, £9,775 in total. These rooms are 10.32 metres squared and under and have 3/4 size beds.
- Premium rooms (Shared Bathroom), (50 weeks) are £200 per week, £10,000 in total. These rooms are 12.8 metres squared and have 3/4 beds.
- Studios (50 weeks) are £299.50 per week, £14,975 in total. These rooms are 26.5m squared and have 3/4 beds.
- Studios (Mobility Adaptable), (50 weeks) are £232.50 per week, £11,625 in total. These rooms are 26.5m squared and have 3/4 beds.
- Three-quarter-sized bed, wardrobe, desk, chair, bookcase and storage space
- Internet access in every bedroom at no extra cost
- Residents' common room
- Televisions in all shared kitchens
- Laundry facilities
- Bike storage
- 24-hour staff presence
- Contents insurance
- Social Reps and Wellbeing Reps living on site.
The site is owned and managed by the University for the exclusive use of University of the Arts London students. This hall is signed up to the ANUK code of practice. For more information visit: nationalcode.org