Set in the heart of Camberwell, Portland House is made up of four 18th century Grade II listed buildings that have recently been refurbished.
Apply for halls
If you would like to apply, register for an account and complete the online application. Please have your student ID number (detailed in your course offer) ready.
Please note, that whilst we encourage students to apply for their favourite halls, we have already had an overwhelming number of applications for Gardens House. We strongly recommend looking at Brooke Hall as this hall is in a nearby location and has great transport links to central London, Camberwell College of Arts and London College of Communication.
Gardens House was a brand new development opened for the 2017/18 academic year, exclusively for UAL students. Less than a minute’s walk from Camberwell College of Arts, it’s perfect for students looking for a campus-style experience. The halls are situated on the college campus grounds, within easy reach of London College of Communication and Chelsea College of Arts too.
- Camberwell College of Arts: 1-minute walk
- London College of Communication: 14-minute bus journey / 23-minute tube trip / 40-minute bike ride
- Chelsea College of Arts: 20-minute bike ride/ 34-minute bus journey / 53-minute walk
- Central Saint Martins: 41-minute bike ride / 55-minute tube trip
- London College of Fashion (John Prince's Street): 33-minute walk / 45-minute bus journey
- Wimbledon College of Arts: 54-minute bike ride
Please note travel times are based on the nearest College.
Halls of Residence
37-39 Peckham Road
Travel zone: 2
Closest tube: Oval
Closest train station: Denmark Hill
Closest bus routes: 12, 36, 171, 345, 436
Take a tour of Gardens House, its bedrooms, facilities and common spaces.
Gardens House Gallery
Prices and sizes
Due to essential maintenance works taking place at Gardens House over the summer period of 2020, tenancy lengths at this hall have changed to 39 and 40 weeks, as opposed to the 41 and 50-week tenancies originally advertised in the UAL Accommodation Guide 2019/20.
The following prices refer to the new academic year beginning in September 2019.
- Standard rooms (39 weeks) are £215 per week, £8,385 in total. These rooms are 14.4 metres squared and under and have 3/4 size beds.
- Standard rooms (40 weeks) are £215 per week, £8,600 in total. These rooms are 14.4 metres squared and under and have 3/4 size beds.
- Standard rooms (Shared Bathroom), (40 weeks) are £179.50 per week, £7,180 in total. These rooms are 10.32 metres squared and under and have 3/4 size beds.
- Premium rooms (Shared Bathroom), (40 weeks) are £183.50 per week, £7,340 in total. These rooms are 12.8 metres squared and have 3/4 beds.
- Studios (40 weeks) are £280 per week, £11,200 in total.
- Studios (Mobility Adaptable), (40 weeks) are £215 per week, £8,600 in total.
- Three-quarter-sized bed, wardrobe, desk, chair, bookcase and storage space
- Internet access in every bedroom at no extra cost
- Residents' common room
- Televisions in all shared kitchens
- Laundry facilities
- Bike storage
- 24-hour staff presence
- Contents insurance
- Social Reps and Wellbeing Reps living on site.
The site is owned and managed by the University for the exclusive use of University of the Arts London students. This hall is signed up to the ANUK code of practice. For more information visit: nationalcode.org