Set in the heart of Camberwell, Portland House is made up of four 18th century Grade II listed buildings that have recently been refurbished.
Apply for halls
To apply, you will need to register for an account and complete the online application. Please have your student ID number (detailed in your course offer) ready.
You can register for a new UAL Accommodation account or log in to your existing account at our Student Housing Portal.
Gardens House was a brand new development opened for the 2017/18 academic year, exclusively for UAL students. Less than a minute’s walk from Camberwell College of Arts, it’s perfect for students looking for a campus-style experience. The halls are situated on the college campus grounds, within easy reach of London College of Communication and Chelsea College of Arts too.
- Camberwell College of Arts: 1-minute walk
- London College of Communication: 14-minute bus journey / 23-minute tube trip / 40-minute bike ride
- Chelsea College of Arts: 20-minute bike ride/ 34-minute bus journey / 53-minute walk
- Central Saint Martins: 41-minute bike ride / 55-minute tube trip
- London College of Fashion (John Prince's Street): 33-minute walk / 45-minute bus journey
- Wimbledon College of Arts: 54-minute bike ride
Please note travel times are based on the nearest college.
Halls of Residence
37-39 Peckham Road
Travel zone: 2
Closest tube: Oval
Closest train station: Denmark Hill
Closest bus routes: 12, 36, 171, 345, 436
Take a tour of Gardens House, its bedrooms, facilities and common spaces.
Gardens House Gallery
Prices and sizes
Standard tenancies at Gardens House are 42 or 51 weeks and the following prices refer to the new academic year beginning in September 2018.
- Standard rooms (42 weeks) are £195 per week, £8,190 in total. These rooms are 14.4 metres squared and under and have 3/4 size beds.
- Standard rooms (51 weeks) are £190 per week, £9,690 in total. These rooms are 14.4 metres squared and under and have 3/4 size beds.
- Standard rooms with shared bathroom (51 weeks) are £156.50 per week, £7,981 in total. These rooms are 10.32 metres squared and under and have 3/4 size beds.
- Premium rooms with shared bathroom (51 weeks) are £160 per week, £8,160 in total. These rooms are 12.8 metres squared and have 3/4 beds.
- Three-quarter-sized bed, wardrobe, desk, chair, bookcase and storage space
- Internet access in every bedroom at no extra cost
- Residents' common room
- Televisions in all shared kitchens
- Laundry facilities
- Bike storage
- 24-hour staff presence
- Contents insurance
- Social Reps and Wellbeing Reps living on site.
The site is owned and managed by the University for the exclusive use of University of the Arts London students. This hall is signed up to the ANUK code of practice. For more information visit: www.nationalcode.org