Apply for halls
To apply, you will need to register for an account and complete the online application. Please have your student ID number (detailed in your course offer) ready.
You can register for a new UAL Accommodation account or log in to your existing account at our Student Housing Portal.
Please note, that whilst we encourage students to apply for their favourite halls, we have already had an overwhelming number of applications for Glassyard Building. We recommend looking at Wigram House. This hall is in a central London location and is also close to the Victoria Line, so it provides a really easy commute to all the UAL colleges.
The Glassyard Building is found in the heart of south London and is perfect for students looking for an independent living experience.
The building houses 340 bedrooms and studio flats complete with ensuites and kitchenettes - 270 of these rooms are reserved for UAL students. Each flat cluster is shared between 4-10 students. There is a large dedicated creative workspace and common room, both designed with student needs in mind.
Stockwell has great transport links and the Glassyard Building is just a 5-minute walk from the tube station which provides easy access to central London. The Victoria line will take you from Stockwell to Oxford Circus in about 10 minutes and the easy travel connections make commuting to London College of Communication and Central Saint Martins simple and quick.
Brixton is just a 10-minute walk away and is full of popular cafés, bars and restaurants. Students are also close to Clapham, a popular south London area with a lively nightlife and beautiful green spaces, such as Clapham Common and Brockwell Park.
- Camberwell College of Arts: 35-minute walk / 14-minute bike ride / 32-minute bus journey / 42-minute tube trip
- Central Saint Martins: 39-minute bike ride / 33-minute tube trip
- Chelsea College of Arts: 36-minute walk / 13-minute bike ride / 25-minute bus journey / 20-minute tube trip
- London College of Communication: 43-minute walk / 18-minute bike ride / 28-minute bus journey / 22-minute tube trip
- London College of Fashion: 29-minute bike ride / 55-minute bus journey / 25-minute tube trip
- Wimbledon College of Arts: 37-minute bike ride / 56-minute tube trip
Please note travel times below are based on nearest College.
Halls of Residence
7a Stockwell Green
London SW9 9JF
Travel zone: 2
Nearest tube: Stockwell
Nearest train station: Brixton
Please be advised that images in our photo gallery, including those seen in the films and virtual tours, are for guidance only. Our individual studios, bedrooms, kitchens, and communal area layouts vary considerably and may not look exactly as the images are shown.
Take a tour of the Glassyard Building its bedrooms, facilities and common spaces.
Glassyard Building Gallery
Prices and sizes
Standard tenancies at the Glassyard Building are 50 weeks and the following prices refer to the new academic year beginning in September 2020.
- Standard rooms are £231.50 per week, £11,575 in total. These rooms are approximately 12 metres squared and have 3/4 size beds.
- Premium rooms are £241 per week, £12,050 in total. These rooms are approximately 15 metres squared and have 3/4 size beds.
- Premium rooms (Mobility Adaptable) are £231.50 per week, £11,575 in total. These rooms are approximately 15 metres squared and have 3/4 size beds.
- Three-quarter-sized bed, wardrobe, desk, chair and storage space
- Ensuite bathrooms in every bedroom
- Internet access in every bedroom at no extra cost
- Residents' common room
- Workshop space
- Laundry facilities
- Courtyard space
- Bike storage
- 24-hour staff presence
- Contents insurance
- Social Reps and Wellbeing Reps living on site
- Televisions in all shared kitchens (TV licence not included. For more information about the cost of a TV licence visit: tvlicensing.co.uk)
Glassyard Building is managed by Fresh Student Living, who work in collaboration with University of the Arts London. This hall is signed up to the ANUK code of practice. For more information visit: nationalcode.org