Gardens House is a brand new development opened for the 2017/18 academic year, exclusively for UAL students and is less than a minute’s walk from Camberwell College of Arts.
Apply for halls
We currently have rooms available to rent at Brooke Hall for the academic year 2018/19.
If you would like to apply, register for an account and complete the online application. Please have your student ID number (detailed in your course offer) ready.
Please note that this hall will not be on the UAL portfolio after the academic year 2018/19. See available halls for the academic year 2019/20.
Brooke Hall is just a 20-minute walk from Camberwell College of Arts and short bus rides from both London College of Communications and Chelsea College of Arts.
The hall is located in a residential area but is close to plenty of local shops, cafes and bars, and has easy access to central London by bus or train.
A short walk from Camberwell Green, Brooke Hall is conveniently located for Camberwell College of Arts and London College of Communication students.
- Camberwell College of Arts: 6-minute bike ride / 17-minute bus journey / 20-minute walk
- London College of Communication: 11-minute bike ride / 22-minute bus journey / 25-minute tube trip / 34-minute walk
- Chelsea College of Arts: 13-minute bike ride / 26-minute bus journey / 35-minute tube trip / 39-minute walk
- Central Saint Martins: 37-minute bike ride / 46-minute tube trip
- London College of Fashion (John Prince's Street): 27-minute bike ride / 37-minute bus journey / 44-minute tube trip
- Wimbledon College of Arts: 46-minute bike ride / 59-minute tube trip
Please note travel times are based on the nearest college.
Halls of Residence
17 Flodden Road,
Travel zone: 2
Nearest tube: Oval
Nearest train station: Denmark Hill
Bus routes: 36, 185, 436, N136
Take a tour of Brooke Hall, its bedrooms, facilities and common spaces.
Brooke Hall Gallery
Prices and sizes
Standard tenancies at Brooke Hall are 50 weeks long and the following prices refer to the new academic year beginning in September 2018.
- Standard studio rooms and standard mobility adaptable studio rooms are £203 per week, £10,150 in total for a 50 week let. These rooms are between 14 and 16 metres squared, with a single bed.
- Large studios rooms and large mobility adaptable studio rooms are £220 per week, £11,000 in total for a 50 week let. These rooms are around 18 metres squared with a single bed.
Tenancy agreements and conditions of residence will be with the University.
- Single bed, wardrobe, desk, chair, chest of drawers and storage space
- Internet access in every bedroom at no extra cost
- Residents' common room
- Laundry facilities
- Courtyard space
- Bike storage
- Contents insurance
- 24-hour staff presence
- Social Reps and Wellbeing Reps living on site
Set in the heart of Camberwell, Portland House is made up of four 18th century Grade II listed buildings that have recently been refurbished.