Brooke Hall is just a 20-minute walk from Camberwell College of Arts and short bus rides from both London College of Communications and Chelsea College of Arts.
Apply for halls
To apply, you will need to register for an account and complete the online application. Please have your student ID number (detailed in your course offer) ready.
You can register for a new UAL Accommodation account or log in to your existing account at our Student Housing Portal.
Please note, that whilst we encourage students to apply for their favourite halls, we have already had an overwhelming number of applications for Highline Building. We strongly recommend looking at Will Wyatt Court as this hall is in a really trendy location in central London and has great transport links especially to Central Saint Martins, London College of Communication and London College of Fashion.
Highline Building is a new development exclusively for UAL students just a 5 minute walk from Elephant and Castle Underground and Overground stations. From here you can get into central London in 15 minutes on the Bakerloo or Northern lines. London College of Communication and Southbank are also within walking distance.
- Camberwell College of Arts: 11-minute bike ride / 18-minute bus journey / 34-minute walk / 37-minute tube trip
- Central Saint Martins: 30-minute bike ride/ 30-minute tube trip / 42-minute bus journey
- Chelsea College of Arts: 11-minute bike ride / 25-minute bus journey / 27-minute tube trip / 33-minute walk
- London College of Communication: 3-minute bike ride / 5-minute walk / 7-minute bus journey
- London College of Fashion: 25-minute tube trip / 26-minute bike ride / 38-minute bus journey / 57-minute walk
- Wimbledon College of Arts: 51-minute tube trip / 58-minute bike ride
Please note travel times are based on nearest college.
Halls of Residence
10 Steedman Street
Elephant and Castle
London SE17 3AF
Travel zone: 1 and 2
Nearest tube: Elephant and Castle
Nearest train station: Elephant and Castle
Take a tour of the Highline Building, its bedrooms, facilities and common spaces.
Highline Building Gallery
Prices and sizes
Standard tenancies at the Highline Building are for 50 weeks and these prices are for the academic year beginning in September 2019. All bedrooms include ensuite facilities.
- Standard rooms are £211 per week, £10,500 in total. These rooms are approximately 13 m2 and have 3/4 size beds.
- Premium rooms (Mobility Adaptable) are £211 per week, £10,500 in total. These rooms are approximately 20 m2 and have 3/4 size beds.
- Premium rooms are £219 per week, £10,950 in total. These rooms are approximately 21 m2 and have 3/4 size beds.
- Large rooms are £213 per week, £10,650 in total. These rooms are approximately 17 m2 and have 3/4 size beds.
- Studios (Mobility Adaptable) are £272 per week, £13,600 in total. These rooms are approximately 25 m2 and have double beds.
- Three-quarter-sized bed, wardrobe, desk, chair, bookcase and storage space
- Ensuite bathrooms in every room
- Internet access in every bedroom at no extra cost
- Televisions in all shared kitchens (TV license not included. For more information about the cost of a TV license visit: tvlicensing.co.uk)
- Laundry facilities
- Bike storage
- Contents insurance
- Residents common room
- Workshop space
- 24-hour staff presence
- Social Reps and Wellbeing Reps living onsite
Highline Building is managed by Fresh Student Living, who work in collaboration with University of the Arts London. This hall is signed up to the ANUK code of practice.
Manna Ash House is located just south of the river Thames, close to Central London and a convenient location for accessing all UAL colleges.