Creative Enterprise Awards
Money and support for your business
Looking to start your own business? Or grow an existing one? Creative Enterprise Awards are funding and support packages to help grow new business ideas and nurture enterprising initiatives developed by UAL students and graduates. Our graduates often go on to launch exciting new creative businesses or social enterprises and we’d like to recognise and celebrate this and support them in their first steps.
The awards are run in partnership with industry leaders and organisations. Apply for a grant of up to £5,000 plus a share of prizes including: showcasing opportunities, leading industry mentorship and specialist business training.
The awards ceremony took place on 4 July at Chelsea College of Arts.
What we're looking for
An idea or business that demonstrates one or more of the following:
- Creative businesses or projects with a positive social aim, or ethical practice
- An original product or service that addresses a clear market need
- Community engaged projects/ interventions
- An idea with good growth potential
- Scope for international relationships / Trade
- A strong focus on technology (not limited to digital technologies)
- A Freelance or service based creative business
- An Artist or Maker with a commercial practise
Your application and pitch should include:
- A business model that clearly identifies how the business will be sustainable
- Evidence of your skills, experience and determination to succeed
- Market Research
- Demonstrate your plans and potential for growth
Open to current UAL students and recent graduates (within 2 years of graduation).
Next deadline May 2019
Get support for your application
To help you prepare for your application, get support in the following ways:
- Attend our Enterprise Programme of events throughout the year
- Hear from industry experts and successful creative entrepreneurs at Creative Enterprise week in November
- Pitch your initial idea at one of our Pitch it and win events (prizes up to £300)
- Get one to one business planning advice
- Join our mailing list to be the first to find out more.
International students and graduates
International students and graduates who wish to set up a business in the UK after graduating will need to apply for a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa. More information is available on our International: Graduate Entrepreneur Visa page.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out about applying for a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa as an international student wanting to start a business.
Find out about events and workshops for students and graduates to help them on their career journeys.
Careers and Employability also provides a number of different funding opportunities for UAL students and recent graduates.