Looking to start your own business? Or grow an existing one? Creative Enterprise Awards are funding and support packages to help grow new business ideas and nurture enterprising initiatives developed by UAL students and graduates.
Our graduates often go on to launch exciting new creative businesses or social enterprises and we’d like to celebrate this and support them in their first steps.
The awards are run in partnership with industry leaders and organisations. Prizes are given to category winners and selected runners-up. Prizes include; grants up to £5,000, award trophies, showcasing opportunities, leading industry mentorship and specialist business training.
The Award categories
The maker award is open to individuals who produce and sell creative work or products to the public or collectors.
2. Social Enterprise
The social enterprise award is open to individuals or companies with socially-led objectives or ethical or sustainable practises at the heart of what they do.
3. Community project
The community project award is open to projects that have a focus on community engagement or intervention. This award is aimed at those who may not be operating as a company or business.
The technology award celebrates businesses or individuals whose work demonstrates innovative uses of technology.
The freelancer award is open to self-employed individuals or small companies who work on a contract basis to provide a creative service to clients.
The innovation award celebrates businesses or individuals whose work demonstrates innovation at its heart. It may be creating a new product, a new market or a new way of doing things.
What we're looking for
An idea or business that demonstrates one or more of the following:
- Creative businesses or projects with a positive social aim, or ethical practice
- An original product or service that addresses a clear market need
- Community engaged projects/interventions
- An idea with good growth potential
- Scope for international relationships/trade
- A strong focus on technology (not limited to digital technologies)
- A freelance or service-based creative business
- An artist or maker with a commercial practise.
Your application and pitch should include:
- A business model that clearly identifies how the business will be sustainable
- Evidence of your skills, experience and determination to succeed
- Market Research
- Demonstrate your plans and potential for growth
Open to current UAL students and recent graduates (within 2 years of graduation).
How to apply
The deadline for applications is 10am on 31 May 2021
Please read the guidelines and complete the application form below and upload via the online application form
Get support for your application
To help you prepare for your application, get support in the following ways:
- Attend our Enterprise Programme of events throughout the year
- Get one to one business planning advice
International students and graduates
International students and graduates who wish to set up a business in the UK after graduating will need to apply for a Start-up Visa. More information is available on our International Start-up Visa page.