Pitch It: Creative Enterprise Funding
Do you have an idea for an enterprising creative project? Wanting to test it out and need the funds and support to get it off the ground?
UAL’s start-up funding will provide: a platform to pitch your idea, get feedback from industry experts, get start-up funds, and/or support through mentoring and training in your first steps.
Include seed funding (prizes range from £1000 - £5000), mentorship and specialist business advice and training. Our past and current partners include Adobe, B Artmonsky, The Dots, Cockpit Arts, Creative Champs and IBM iX.
What we are looking for
An original or innovative idea or approach to an enterprising project which you can pitch this June.
- Your idea might be for a product or service.
- Make an impact on your career development or on the world, a community, or on an audience.
- Be a freelancing or a business approach.
- Be for a small idea or a big idea.
- Be commercial or social.
- Be about group/ collaborations or individual work.
- An idea that includes positive social and ethical practice.
- An idea that has scope for testing, launching or more research.
The awards are open to:
- Current UAL students and graduates who are within 2 years of graduating with an innovative enterprising idea or project.
- For idea-stage and early-stage businesses only. (if in business for more than 1 year please see the Creative Business Accelerator page)
We particularly welcome applications from those currently underrepresented in the creative and digital industries. This includes students and graduates who are: disabled or have a specific learning disability; Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic; LGBTQ+; are the first in their family to attend university; or are from a low socio-economic background.
How to apply and deadlines
Complete the short application form. You will be asked to tell us about:
- your idea and the potential you believe it has
- why you’re the right person to make it happen
- what you intend to pitch for (money, mentoring, collaborators, partners).
Submit this via online submission by 10 May 2023
Attend a ‘How to Pitch an idea’ workshop + business idea events (May)
Pitch the idea at an open event in High Holborn, 3.30-7 pm, 7 June 2023 to a panel and an audience.
Get support in running with your idea. Including (where appropriate) seed funding for those successful in the pitch; and/or receive mentoring, and training to get your idea off the ground.
If you believe there are any barriers to your participation in this opportunity or you have any access requirements you wish to discuss, we would be happy to talk to you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in advance.
Pitch It: Creative Enterprise Funding replaces the UAL’s Creative Enterprise Awards