Chelsea’s 3D workshops are modern and fully equipped to industry standards. They are staffed by a team of specialist technicians.
The staff in each area are highly experienced and often subject specific. Their role is to deliver the very best technical support. They are a very dedicated and motivated group of individuals, and your student experience is their passion.
Students get inductions to all the workshops. They also receive an ongoing skills development program tailored to their individual needs. The workshop areas are:
- Casting - cast in materials including aluminium, bronze, clay, plaster, porcelain, slip and wax
- Ceramics - use clay, earthenware and porcelain to make small or large scale work
- Foundry - allows students to pour molten aluminium or bronze into moulds
- Laser Cutting - the workshop can be used to work with metal, plastics, wood, fabrics and other materials
- Metalwork - work with steel using techniques such as welding, bending, braising, cutting, rolling and lathe work
- Woodwork - used for all kinds of projects ranging from small scale model making to large scale structures