Level 3 and Level 4 Diploma for Fashion Studio Assistant
From September 2017, UAL Awarding Body will be running new qualifications, the Level 3 and Level 4 Diploma for Fashion Studio Assistant.
The UAL Level 3 and Level 4 Diploma for Fashion Studio Assistant has been designed to provide students with the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to work within the fashion industry; with a specific focus on working within a fashion studio.
This qualification is suitable for students aged 18 and above, who are currently enrolled on the Level 3 Fashion Studio Assistant apprenticeship standard, or who are currently working within a fashion studio and wish to further develop their skills.
For more information on this qualification, please read the purpose statement:
Qualifications at a glance
|L3 Diploma||L4 Diploma|
|Typical course duration||12-18 months||12-18 months|
(for HE courses starting from September 2018)
Employment: Students completing these qualifications may progress directly into employment within the fashion industry, specifically into roles such as: Showroom Assistant, Assistant Merchandiser, Sales Assistant, Buyers’ Assistant, Production Assistant and Communication Coordinator
Higher education: These qualifications may support students to develop a portfolio of work, enabling them to progress to higher education in related fashion disciplines or sales and marketing.
Specification and documents
Please note: For ease of printing, this specification has been split into the three pathways that comprise the whole qualification.
- Diploma for Fashion Studio Assistant - Product Development pathway specification V1.0 (PDF 2.7MB)
- Diploma for Fashion Studio Assistant - Sales and Operations pathway specification V1.0 (PDF 3.1MB)
- Diploma for Fashion Studio Assistant - Fashion Marketing and Communications pathway specification V1.0 (PDF 3.1MB)
- Centre handbook V5.3 (PDF 419KB)
- Delivery Guidance - Diploma for Fashion Studio Apprentice (PDF 474KB)
This qualification has been developed in collaboration with representatives from industry, universities, further education colleges and employers to ensure that it provides learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to prepare learners for employment and/or support a role in the workplace, and higher education. The following organisations have provided letters of support for this qualification:
- Birmingham Metropolitan College - letter of support (PDF 37KB)
- British Fashion Council - letter of support (PDF 26KB)
- City of Liverpool College - letter of support (PDF 103KB)
- Fashion Enter - letter of support (PDF 47KB)
- London College of Fashion - letter of support (PDF 70KB)
- Talk PR - letter of support (PDF 28KB)
Working with us
These qualifications have been recently developed and a small selection of centres will be delivering them during their first year of operation. For further information or to register your interest in order to be notified when the qualifications are ready to be offered to all centres, please contact Lucy Dang firstname.lastname@example.org