Resin Casting and Silicon Mouldmaking Workshop
This course will explore how to work with epoxy resin; learning how to cast solid objects and encapsulating objects in clear resin. You will cover different types of mouldmaking including small 1 piece block mould and then moving on to a more advanced 2 part silicon mould.
We will also look at more experimental possibilities, using pigments and metal powders and texture, as well as sculptural possibilities of working with resin making some thin laminate casts using fibreglass re-enforcements.
We will be working with epoxy resins, a newly developed non-toxic resin specially designed for art and craft making in the studio.
- Use of epoxy non-toxic resins
- Use of pigments
- Setting objects into resin
- Use of metal powders
- Safe working practices with resin
- Silicon mouldmaking and other mouldmaking techniques for working with resin
an understanding of types of resin and learning experimental approaches to its use.
Who should take this course?
Artists, designers and creatives.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Please bring the following with you:
- Objects for setting into resin such as: dried flowers, wood, beads, glitter, dried leaves, fabrics, photographs, paper, small pieces of metal (avoid food - no organic items)
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.