New Perspectives In Life Drawing (Weekend)
This course takes the fundamentals of life drawing - observation and mark making - and reconsiders them afresh through experimental tasks, processes and techniques. Designed for those who already have some degree of experience in drawing from life, this course probes deeper into the investigation of line, physical space, the figure and associations with other artistic practices as diverse as sculpture and performance.
- You will create both large and small scale works using a life model as reference and guided by your tutor.
- We will employ a variety of media including pencil, charcoal, ink, clay, wire and card.
- Working both individually and in collaboratively, you will explore movement, form, texture, scale and mass.
- We will investigate drawing through the use of music, language and interactive practice.
New Perspectives in Life Drawing enables you to expand upon your notions of what life drawing is by challenging and push its boundaries. The aim is to provide you with fresh ideas that you can apply to your individual practice.
Who should take this course?
- Students with an interest in fine art and experimental techniques will find the course useful.
- The course is ideal for those looking to build their portfolio for further study.
- Those looking to expand their repertoire of skills, ideas and practice would also benefit.
Entry requirements: You should have some previous experience of life drawing.
"I no longer feel the urge to label or confine what I'm doing in the same old restrictive standards I was bought into. Fair to say that Jonathan clearly understands the whole notion of blurring the boundaries between drawing, sculpture, and painting (and others as well) which represents a major point of power in every artist's life." Francisco Menezes
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Jonathan Gildersleeves is a practicing artist who exhibits both in the UK and internationally. A Masters graduate from Wimbledon College of Art, he has worked as technical assistant to Sir Anthony Caro OM and teaches Fine Art at a range of levels.
Please bring to the session:
- pencils, HB, 2B, 4B, 6B
- felt tips
- pencil sharpener
Material provided by us:
- clay mix
- some drawing media
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.