Business of Styling Online Short Course
This online course will introduce you to everything you need to know to create a successful styling business. You will learn the difference between personal styling, editorial styling, and commercial styling, and the key success factors to thrive in each field. Join this course to learn how to set up your own rewarding and exciting fashion styling business.
You may be an experienced stylist with a great eye for clothes and design, but if you don’t have clients, you don’t have a business. On this course you will learn how to market yourself as a stylist, and how to get consistent bookings from your ideal clients. You will find out how to position yourself uniquely in the market, how to target the right customers, and how to price your services correctly for clients with different budgets.
Each week you will be provided with checklists, and practical assignments to help you practice the skills of a professional freelance stylist. You will gain insight into the styling industry, and find out what a stylist does day to day. You will learn about the factors that a professional personal stylist must take into consideration to build good relationships with clients and generate profit from their services.
By the end of the course you will be much better informed and able to make the right decisions when as you set up and successfully market your own freelance styling business.
By the end of the course you will have;
- An understanding of what makes a successful personal styling business
- Learnt how to monetise and price your services
- Learnt how to build a network of clients
- Created mood boards and client profiles
- Explored the different types of styling
- Received clear steps on how to get your own press to grow your social proof and be seen as an authority
- Developed a roadmap and checklist for growing your business from scratch
Who is Business of Styling Online Short Course for?
This course is for anyone with an interest in styling who would like to know how to monetise their eye for style and create a successful business. You may go on to studying styling in more detail or work as a freelance stylist and set up your own business.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain in easy to understand accessible English, if they use any special terminology we make sure they explain what it is they mean.
- New methodologies will be explained to you in a way that’s crystal clear and easy to understand.
- We even include live demonstrations of particular techniques so that you can see exactly how things should be done.
- We also offer a bunch of learning resources for you to access outside of the live lessons. This allows you to ensure you are up to date and you can practice and review the things that are important to you. Practice makes perfect after all!
Live interactive classrooms:
- We like to do things the right way, that's why all of our online classes are live, you won't find any recordings here (well apart from the recording we provide in case you miss a live session)
- Expect live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Discuss topics related to your course in real time via your microphone and camera or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
- Miss a class? Thats ok you can catch up in a recording which is available for 2 weeks after your course runs
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- However we always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are a great addition to your CV.
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes as our face to face courses
- Lesson recordings, for review, so you never have to miss a class
- Access to the virtual learning environment with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access to the recordings of the live classroom sessions
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises, please have the following materials/equipment for the first class:
- A notepad and a pen
- A modern computer with an up-to-date operating system
- An up-to-date web browser (Google Chrome is recommended)
- A microphone (a headset with microphone/headphones is recommended)
Finally, a good broadband connection is also essential (mobile data 3G/4G or a mobile dongle might not provide sufficient bandwidth).
- The different types of styling and how to determine which would be best suited to you
- How to monetise the current growth in the styling industry
- How to set up your business and generate income
- Your essential checklist to set up your successful styling business
- How to brand and market a styling business
- Promotion across digital platforms and in person
- How to identify and target your ideal clients based on your preferences and skill set
- Getting along with clients and making them feel special
- Getting press and growing your personal brand
- What services you will offer
- How to up-sell
- How to price your services and work with clients with different budgets
- What platforms/channels to use to communicate with your clients?
- How to spend your time effectively between delivering the service and marketing/managing the business
Meet the Tutor:
This online short course looks at the business of styling. You will learn how to get your ideal customer and consistent bookings.