Understanding Undertones and Complexion for Makeup Professionals Short Course
The Understanding Undertones and Complexion for Makeup Professionals Short Course is an intensive one-day makeup course designed to equip students with the skills needed to excel and stand out as a professional makeup artist.
This hands-on and illustrative course focuses on the most relevant areas of makeup artistry in relation to mastering undertones and complexions. Students are encouraged to share their knowledge and skills as they refine old techniques and pick up new ones.
During the course, the tutor will create fresh beauty looks with an emphasis on understanding undertones and variations in complexions. There will also be a focus on correcting hyperpigmentation for deep melanated skin tones, golden brown complexions and fair or pale skin tones. Students will benefit from observational learning as they learn how to create unique beauty looks on different brown skin tones.
Students will learn how to build and develop professional portfolios and have the opportunity to receive advice on their current portfolios. They will also have the chance to interact with the tutor and consult on business, brand growth, beauty marketing and brand positioning.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for intermediate and advanced professionals who are looking to gain new knowledge on brown skin, elevate their craft and solidify their expertise.
By the end of the course students should:
- Have experience creating unique looks for different brown skin tones
- Understand the difference between overall skin complexion and undertones and be able to easily determine what makes up each person's undertones
- Be able to work confidently on any complexion and skin type while applying new artistry techniques learnt
- Be equipped to utilise advanced business tips to grow beauty brands
- Have had an opportunity to network with other professionals
- Be open to discover, create and explore other opportunities within the beauty space
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
Experience life on campus:
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to complement your CV
- Skin Care and preparation
- Hygiene and set up
- Difference in undertones and complexions
- Foundation and concealer technique for different undertones and skin complexions.
- Matte and dewy looks
- Color and product placement
- Product knowledge for different weather types (Humid, cold, dry … et cetera), skin complexions and textures.
- Blending and buffing techniques
- Skin warming and highlighting
- Eye Lash Placement and customisation
- Brow shaping (the illusion of feathered brows, shaded brows, laminated brows)
- Eye shadow and liner techniques to enhance and create eye shape and size illusions.
- Makeup techniques for creating different beauty looks.
- Lighting for phone photography for social media.
- Mastering different undertones and complexions
- Learning new techniques to improve on already existing skills
- Acquiring knowledge on correct product use, primary and secondary functions of products and tools
- Building a master artist portfolio (branding and marketing)
- Creating unique looks based on skin tones and overall facial features
Students should bring the following materials to the first session:
- Makeup remover/cleanser and moisturiser
- Eyelash curlers
- Notepad and pen
- Current makeup bag and kit (your kit should include a diverse range of makeup products that cater to varied undertones and complexions)
- Laptop / ipad / Tablet
Meet the Tutor:
The Understanding Undertones and Complexion for Makeup Professionals Short Course is designed to equip students with the skills needed to excel as a professional makeup artist. This one-day intensive courses is ideal for intermediate and advanced professionals looking to elevate their craft.