Fashion Accessories Design (Online Short Course)
This online course will teach you the skills required to design your own fashion accessories, whether it is a range of bags, shoes, or hats. Through a range of practical and experimental exercises, including different methods of drawing and recording ideas, you will be shown how to use different media to develop a creative style of your own.
Traditional and new methods of working will be explored, and you will learn how to research your ideas and develop your concepts, taking them from the initial stages through to completion. Each week you will be set an assignment which will give you a chance to practice and apply your skills, and weekly feedback will help you to progress your work throughout the duration of the course and show you how to create both exciting and innovative designs.
- Research and exploring your ideas
- Identifying a target customer
- Sourcing inspiration
- Mark making exercises
- Deconstructing images
- Reconstructing shapes and forms
- Mood boards and colour
- Understanding design specifications
- Materials and details
- Creating final designs
By the end of this course you will have;
- Complete effective research and drawn inspiration from pre-existing accessories that appeal to you
- Learnt how to identify a target customer and make sure your designs appeal to them
- Created a range of final accessories designs
- Created designs that match with technical specifications
- Developed an understanding of materials and details you can use when creating your own accessories
- Received feedback on your designs from your tutor
Who is Fashion Accessories Design (Online) for
This course will be particularly interesting for students who already have some experience of fashion design, but want to branch into the exciting area of fashion accessories. You may be taking the course for fun, already working in fashion or fashion accessories, or looking to start your own fashion accessories brand.
Please note: This course is for learners aged 18 and over.
Why choose an LCF Online Short Course?
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Fashion wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCF Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCF Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
Chloe Scrivener began her career with the Queen’s former milliner Philip Somerville. She then continued her training at Philip Treacy where she worked in both his London studio and assisted at haute couture shows in London, Paris and New York. In 2000 she began her own millinery business and quickly obtained commissions from a diverse range of clients including theEnglish National Opera where she created millinery for Antony Mingella’s Madam Butterfly. Recent projects have included commission from other milliners such as Bailey Tomlin and Piers Atkinson and teaching projects in conjunction with the Barbican’s Future Beauty: 30 years of Japanese Fashion exhibition.
Read the HATalk e-magazine feature with mastering Millinery tutor Chloe.
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
- Paper and pen to take notes during live sessions