Creative Draping Online Short Course
Learn how to trigger your inspiration and visualise ideas quickly by simply working with fabric and pins on a dummy. Explore how by twisting, folding, gathering and layering fabric you can get the most amazing results. Whether you are a beginner of have some experience, you'll discover how to develop fashion ideas and garments in an intuitive, playful and enjoyable way.
You will be introduced to a number of different draping techniques - a set of valuable tools that can be used for designing clothes for yourself or for a high-end fashion collection.
You can bring your own research or a project that you would like to expand with draping. Or you can just come along and let your intuition guide you.
Who should take this course?
The work that you produce on this course could be an excellent addition to your portfolio whether you want to apply for a fashion design course or a job in the industry.
Anybody who wants to develop their fashion design skills would also benefit.
What will I take away from the course?
You should end the course with re-charged creativity, lots of ideas in photographs or as drawings.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain in easy to understand accessible English, if they use any special terminology we make sure they explain what it is they mean.
- New methodologies will be explained to you in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- We even include live demonstrations of particular techniques so that you can see exactly how things should be done.
- We also offer a bunch of learning resources for you to access outside of the live lessons. This allows you to ensure you are up to date and you can practice and review the things that are important to you. Practice makes perfect after all!
Live interactive classrooms:
- We like to do things the right way, that's why all of our online classes are live, you won't find any recordings here (well apart from the recording we provide in case you miss a live session)
- Expect live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Discuss topics related to your course in real time via your microphone and camera or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
- Miss a class? Thats ok you can catch up in a recording which is available for 2 weeks after your course runs
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- However we always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are a great addition to your C
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes as our face to face courses
- Lesson recordings, for review, so you never have to miss a class
- Access to the virtual learning environment with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access to the recordings of the live classroom sessions
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
Through practical workshops, the course will cover:
- how to drape and how to develop your draping ideas
- 2D fashion design development
- working in a sketchbook as well as working with fabric on a dummy
- developing and building up ideas for shapes and details
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring the following materials to the first session
- Access to a tailors dummy or Mannequin is essential (something like this would be suitable)
- Some fabric of your choice - at least 2 meters per fabric
Meet the Tutor:
Through creative draping learn how to trigger inspiration and visualise ideas quickly by simply working with fabric and pins on a dummy. Explore how by twisting, folding, gathering and layering fabric you can get the most amazing results.