Fashion Design And Marketing Short Course
Understanding the market for fashion is an essential foundation stone for all those who are interested in carving out a successful career in the fashion design industry. This course offers an introduction to the subject. By the end of the course you will have a clearer idea of who your customers will be, and where your collections or products should be on sale.
Level: This is a beginners course, suitable for people who are new to fashion marketing.
Entry requirements: None, but it might help if you have some experience of fashion design or an idea of a brand / collection that you want to work with so that you can apply what you learn to something that is directly relevant to you. However, this is not essential.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
- We will explore the basic steps from designing to selling a collection including press and PR, and how to get that all-important media attention.
- You will investigate what people do that makes them successful, whilst collecting information on colour, fabric, price, design and retail outlet.
- You will develop a promotional plan for your own collection or an existing brand, which will be presented on the last day of the course.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- Pen and paper to take notes
- Fine liner
- A4 cartridge paper sketch book
The following will also be helpful, but not necessary:
- A laptop computer
- A USB memory stick
If you prefer to take a non-digital approach to collaging you will also need:
- Marker pens
- A2 cartridge paper
Meet the Tutor:
Understanding the market for fashion is an essential foundation stone for all those who are interested in carving out a successful career in the fashion design industry. This course offers an introduction to the subject.