Essential Guide to the Fashion Business Online Short Course
This fashion course will introduce you to the various different areas of the fashion industry business, giving you an insight into how they all work, and an idea of which area you might like to work in.
You'll take a brief look at the key players within the industry and their operations. You'll also look at how trends develop, manufacturing options, fashion marketing and fashion retailing, all reinforced with practical case studies and examples within the fashion and retail industry.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date version of the Google Chrome web browser
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
- A history of fashion business structure and where it is now
- A look at how fashion is designed and developed
- Different types of retailers
- Buying and manufacturing methods
- Marketing and PR
- The career and business opportunities available in the industry
The course provides excellent opportunity for non-fashion professionals to gain knowledge to kick start their career or business in the fashion world.
Meet the Tutor:
The Essential Guide to the Fashion Business will introduce you to various areas within the industry, giving you insight into how they work, and an idea of which area you might like to work in.