Throughout the course your tutor will guide through a set of small self-contained exercises. And at the end of the course you leave with completed examples that you can refer to when working on future projects.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to learn how to create and manage a website using basic HTML and CSS. You will need basic computer skills. Due to the intense nature of this course, you should commit to attend every session. No prior knowledge of web design, HTML or CSS is required for this short course.
For more information on Online Short Courses please see the below information.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
- A 2nd monitor, or screen such as a TV connected to your PC/MAC with an HDMI cable.
Course specific materials:
- Notebook and Pen
- You will also need to install Visual Studio Code - free editing software
- Using HTML5 to add structure and meaning to your content
- Using CSS to add style and layout to content
- Web design fundamentals: markup, fonts, colour, layout, interactivity, accessibility
- Understanding the challenges of responsive web design and working in a fluid medium
- Organising and planning a small web project
- Using tools to upload your work to the internet
Meet the Tutor: