Throughout the course your tutor will guide through a set of small self-contained exercises. And at the end of the course you leave with completed examples that you can refer to when working on future projects.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to learn how to create and manage a website using basic HTML and CSYou will need basic computer skills. Due to the intense nature of this course, you should commit to attend every session. No prior knowledge of web design, HTML or CSS is required for this short course.
For more information on Online Short Courses please see the below information.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain in easy to understand accessible English, if they use any special terminology we make sure they explain what it is they mean.
- New methodologies will be explained to you in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- We even include live demonstrations of particular techniques so that you can see exactly how things should be done.
- We also offer a bunch of learning resources for you to access outside of the live lessons. This allows you to ensure you are up to date and you can practice and review the things that are important to you. Practice makes perfect after all!
Live interactive classrooms:
- We like to do things the right way, that's why all of our online classes are live, you won't find any recordings here (well apart from the recording we provide in case you miss a live session)
- Expect live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Discuss topics related to your course in real time via your microphone and camera or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
- Miss a class? Thats ok you can catch up in a recording which is available for 2 weeks after your course runs
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- However we always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are a great addition to your C
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes as our face to face courses
- Lesson recordings, for review, so you never have to miss a class
- Access to the virtual learning environment with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access to the recordings of the live classroom sessions
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
- Using HTML5 to add structure and meaning to your content
- Using CSS to add style and layout to content
- Web design fundamentals: markup, fonts, colour, layout, interactivity, accessibility
- Understanding the challenges of responsive web design and working in a fluid medium
- Organising and planning a small web project
- Using tools to upload your work to the internet
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
- A 2nd monitor, or screen such as a TV connected to your PC/MAC with an HDMI cable.
Course specific materials:
- Notebook and Pen
- You will also need to install Visual Studio Code - free editing software
Meet the Tutor: