Adobe Creative Cloud Short Course
Nurture your creativity in our three-day Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign short course. Explore the foundations of Abode Creative Cloud and the best applications for the specific software to enhance your designs. During the course, we will look at the Adobe Creative Cloud and how we can use libraries to access saved designs and colour schemes across the Adobe Creative Cloud range.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Understand the use of different Adobe programs including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Learn how these programs can be used to help in the development of your creative projects.
- Use the Adobe Creative Cloud libraries to access colours and design across the whole of the Adobe Creative Cloud.
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for students interested in learning the fundamental tools to use Adobe Creatives Cloud. This is an introduction to the topic and aimed at students with little knowledge of the programs concerned. A student with knowledge of one of the programs would also benefit, as the course is designed to examine a broad overview of all the programs and how these may be efficiently applied to their creative projects.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methodologies will be explained or demonstrated
- We also offer learning resources for you to access outside of the classroom
All our on campus courses include:
- Networking opportunities and the chance to share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access to the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Access to our college shops for any materials you might need
- The chance to ask questions to your tutor in real time
- Feedback and critique on your assignments
- The opportunity to experience the many sights of London on your down time
All our online short courses include:
- Live and interactive online lessons with classmates from around the world
- The same course content and learning outcomes as our face to face courses
- Lesson recordings, for review, so you never have to miss a class
- Access to the virtual learning environment with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access to the recordings of the live classroom sessions
- The opportunity to ask questions to your tutor in real time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- However we always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are a great addition to your CV.
Photoshop overview: Understand layers and how they are combined in the final output. We will look at how to use colour profiles. Understand the use of non-destructive editing. Examine output options for web and print.
Illustrator overview: Look at the use of Vector imaging and their application. We will look at Paths and Fills and how these are used in Vector imaging. We will examine the use of Text in Illustrator and how this can be used in the design of a business card. We will look at image trace and how this can be used to convert a bitmap image into a vector format.
InDesign overview: We will look at the application of InDesign and the application for a multi-page document. We will look at how we can use InDesign to incorporate Bitmap and Vector images. We will examine the use of InDesign to produce hard and soft copy outputs for the publication of multi-page documents.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Bitmap application for digital imaging
- Colour adjustment
- Photographic manipulation
- Digital Painting
- Adobe Illustrator
- Vector digital imaging
- Application for creating logos and text
- Adobe InDesign
- Multi page documents
- Vector and bitmap imaging
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Cross program application
On campus materials
Please bring with you to the first session:
- A notepad and pen
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring for the first session:
- Notebook and pen
- Please be advised that during this course you will be using Adobe Photoshop. If you do not already have Photoshop, you can sign up for a free 7 day trial of Adobe Creative Cloud. Please note a credit card is required to register for the free trial. The subscription must be cancelled on the date provided by Adobe if you do not wish to continue onto a paid account.
IMPORTANT - Adobe ID Login for Short Course Students
Students will need to create an account with Adobe (unless you already have one) in order to access the Adobe suite at the college; instructions are included below. You will need to use a personal email address to create this. If you already have an account with Adobe, please make sure you bring your login details with you on the first day of the course.
- Creating an Adobe account is free.
- The software will only be accessible when logged into a UAL networked computer
- The same account can be used outside of the University, but software will only be accessible through a personal paid subscription that students will need to set up independently
- You can still create an account on the day but doing this beforehand will save time and avoid delays to the start of the class.
- If you already have an Adobe ID/ subscription you can use this on your short course rather than setting up a new account.
To create an account students will need to:
- Go to Adobe Sign in page
- Select 'Create an account'
- Enter your details and select ‘Create account’
Meet the Tutor:
Three-day Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign short course. In this course, you will explore the foundations of Abode Creative Cloud and the best applications for the specific software to enhance your designs. During the course, we will look at the Adobe Creative Cloud and how we can use libraries to access saved designs and colour schemes across the Adobe Creative Cloud range.
- London College of Communication
- Telephone +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- Address Elephant & Castle London SE1 6SB
college: London College of CommunicationMake an enquiry
- Sign up to our mailing list
- London College of Communication
- Short Courses
- +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- Elephant & Castle
- SE1 6SB