Interior Styling for Corporate and Residential Short Course
How do interior stylists maximise the impact of a project and make it look stylish? In this course we focus on styling for the residential and the corporate markets. It is an introduction that will give you a grounding in these areas of the styling industry. There will be lectures and presentations and you will learn how to engage with a client brief an how to work with style boards in order to develop a styling project.
The course aims to help you to develop more confidence in order to enable you to make your own choices and propose your own interior design solutions. By the end you should gain a better understanding of styling for corporate and residential interiors and an overview of the roles open to those wishing to develop a styling career.
Who should take this course?
People who want to experiment in their own homes or students who want to explore styling as a career choice. Interior designers wanting to learn new styling skills may also find it useful.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
IMPORTANT Information: There is currently no lift access at this site. Access to your classroom is only via stairs-
Make an enquiry or call us on 0207 514 7015.
- Throughout the course there will be lectures on styling methods, such as working with colour, texture, pattern, form and arrangement.
- We will look at how to accessorise a space, pull together a style scheme, using colour, pattern, soft furnishings and furniture.
- You will be encouraged to learn how to interpret a client’s requirements and come up with design concepts.
- You learn how to respond to brief from a client, for which you will need to do research, source products, and present your ideas on style boards.
- By engaging with the project, you will practise methods of verbal and visual presentation.
- We will also visit a key area for sourcing in London.
Please bring with you to the first session:
Magazines will be used for research and some will be supplied but you may want to bring in your own issues if there are any particularly inspiration shoots you have seen.
Later in the course:
- You will require a valid oyster cad for the bus or tube for the external outing
- You will be required to source and bring to college a selection of objects for the photoshoot project, plus a memory stick for digital photos.
- Projects will be presented on mountboard (A1/A2/A3) which you will have to provide, but will not be required for the first session.
- You may want to use your own laptop or tablet for research but this is not an essential requirement of the course..
Meet the Tutor:
An introductory course focusing on styling for residential and corporate markets, there will be lectures, presentations and you will learn how to engage with a client brief and how to work with style boards in order to develop a styling project.