Colour Grading with Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve
Learn to use DaVinci Resolve, the Hollywood-standard programme for colour grading, to enhance and alter your video footage. This course gives you a solid grounding in the use of the software, providing the perfect platform from which to develop towards grading colour for features, documentaries, music videos and more.
- Managing projects / Importing Media / Overview of Interface and Tools
- Analysing footage contrast and colour using video scopes
- Using the node-based workflow
- Primary Grading
- Balancing a Scene
- Secondary Grading using Power Windows and Qualifiers
- Tracking, Animating and Stabilising
- Colour Grading LOG and RAW footage, manually and using LUTs
- Creating and saving customised Looks
- Round-trip workflow from Adobe Premiere
- Overview of the differences between DaVinci Resolve and DaVinci Resolve Studio
- Exporting and DaVinci Resolve projects and archives
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Walk-through the software interface with familiarity
- Feel confident in using the node-based workflow
- Analyse contrast and colour balance of video content
- Perform primary and secondary colour grading
- A basic understanding of grading LOG and RAW footage
- Colour grade a round-trip project from Adobe Premiere Pro
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal if you wish to progress your career within film or television post-production by adding colour grading with DaVinci Resolve to your skills' portfolio. It is also suitable if you are an independent filmmaker who wants to colour grade your own material and take your skills to the next level. You will also find the course useful if you use video for marketing campaigns, crowdfunding or journalism.
Intermediate: You should be able to use a computer comfortably, but do not need any previous experience of using DaVinci software. You should have some previous editing experience.
We also offer bespoke colour grading courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.