Documentary Self-Shooting: Introduction
This is an introductory course for complete beginners who want to know how to shoot their own documentaries. It is a practical course, taught through hands-on workshops.There will be lots of practical exercises to give you the confidence and basic skills to go out and begin shooting by yourself.
Taught by an award-winning filmmaker, it is perfect for you, if you have little or no filmmaking experience but want to learn the basics of how to use camera and sound in documentary and all factual film and video production.
- HD formats
- Setting up camera menu
- Hand-held and tripod operation
- Focus, exposure and white balance
- Basic composition
- Recording good quality sound
- Shotgun and radio microphones
- Filming in different situations
- Organising filmed materials
- Visual storytelling
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the basics of documentary shooting
- Record good quality sound and images
- Be confident filming on your own
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for you, if you have an interest but no experience in documentary film. You may be an artist, web-designer, media professional or student.
We also offer bespoke video editing courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.