Couture Handmade Floral Crowns and Headbands
Would you like to make beautiful accessories, explore your creativity and gain new hand-making skills? This is a Beginners’ course for those who wish to create intricate headpieces for various occasions such as weddings and race events to parties and festivals, using the traditional skill of Couture Silk Flower-making. This course is low-tech and no previous skills are required, as long as you can hand-sew then this course will be suitable.
You will develop your design ideas, creativity and making skills on this course.
By the end of the course you will leave with at least one finished headpiece, lots of fabric flower samples plus a sketchbook of ideas for future development.
Entry Requirements: None, apart from being able to hand sew.
Please bring to the first session:
- Thimble/sewing needles
- Dressmaking pins (30 x 0.60mm)
- Measuring tape
- A4 notebook or sketchbook
- Fabric scissors
- Uhu glue
- Bag or small box to take items home
- How to create various flower shapes in fabrics including silk, drawing inspiration from fresh flowers.
- How to use traditional iron tools to create silk flowers
- How to construct wire hairbands on which to attach flowers and other trimmings
- How to make and attach a veil
- Other decorative techniques to enhance your creative work
Meet the Tutor:
Make beautiful accessories, explore your creativity and gain new hand-making skills. In this beginners course you'll create intricate headpieces for various occasions, using the traditional skill of couture silk flower-making.