Handbags: Fashion Drawing and Illustration (Online Short Course)
This practical course will show you how to learn to draw and render handbags. You will learn to sketch and effortlessly put your designs onto a paper. You will learn how to draw variety of handbags from different angles. The course will explore different techniques of using double sided art markers and colour pencils for successful marker rendering.
This course is suitable for absolute beginners and more experienced designers who would like to improve their existing skills.
- Free hand handbag drawing
- Different silhouettes
- Drawing bags from different angles
- Basic shading techniques
- Highlighting with markers
- Full colour marker rendering
- Rendering leather, patent leather, suede, canvas etc.
- Drawing details
- Katie, former student
- Bina, former student
By the end of the course you will have
- Develop the skills to draw and render handbags with confidence and effectively communicate and present your design ideas
- Practiced and mastered a range of drawing and rendering techniques
- Produced a body of work that can contribute to a fashion or illustration portfolio
- Received personal feedback on your designs and progress from your tutor
Who Should Attend
This course will be excellent for seeking professional techniques from an industry expert for drawing and communicating handbag illustrations. You may be an aspiring fashion designer, illustrator, prospective fashion student, or simply looking to develop your drawing and illustration techniques for your own enjoyment.
Level: All levels welcome
Please note: This course is for learners aged 18 and over.
Why choose an LCF Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Fashion wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCF Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCF Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
Ana Stankovic-Fitzgerald has been teaching on a variety of drawing courses at London College of Fashion since 2003. Originally, she studied drawing, painting, print-making and sculpture in the Faculty of Fine Arts at the University of Arts in Belgrade, specialising in painting. She is a member of the Association of Illustrators and has had freelance commissions published online, in magazines, books, as advertisements and in corporate literature.
Ana is currently teaching on a number of drawing, illustration and visual communication courses on different programmes at LCF and Nottingham Trent University. Ana has pioneered the delivery of practical fashion drawing and illustration courses via an online medium at LCF as well as teaching face-to-face courses.
Ana is passionate about the craft of drawing and teaching drawing and she has a vast knowledge and expertise in utilising & experimenting with various media including charcoal, ink, watercolours, collage, markers, pastels, acrylics, oils, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Lectra Kaledo Style and various iPad applications.
Ana's work was selected for the 'Best of British Illustration' in 2001 and exhibited at numerous venues abroad and in the UK including Royal College of Art.
Over the years, Ana has devised and delivered combination of analogue and digital Fashion Drawing and Illustration workshops for various institutions, including several workshops for Victoria and Albert Museum (Art of Adornment for Balenciaga: Shaping Fashion Exhibition, Shoe Design and Drawing for Shoes: Pleasure and Pain Exhibition, Illustrating Garments in V &A Fashion Galleries), Design Museum (part of Drawing Fashion Exhibition), Fashion Space Gallery (Drawing from Fashion Film), Royal Collection (Fashioning a Reign Exhibition), Clerkenwell Design Week and numerous charities.
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
- Paper and pen to take notes during live sessions