IT Software & Discounts
Find out how to access a wide variety of software and discounts:
Windows 10 and Office 2016
UAL is working towards upgrading all PCs to Windows 10 and Office 2016. You will be able to access this software in the libraries and learning zones. To understand the new features this software include please see the Office 2016 guide and Windows 10 guide.
For more information about the Windows 10 and Office 2016 please watch the Lynda videos:
Office 365 on your own device
Download Office 2016 products onto your personal computer for free, it's easy:
- Log into the Office 365 portal
- Click on Install Office 2016 (top right of screen)
To get Office apps on your mobile device, download Office Mobile.
Leaving UAL? Your access to Office 365 will expire after your course finishes.
Adobe Creative Cloud
Adobe Creative Cloud (2015) apps are already installed on many UAL desktops. Can't find the app you're looking for? Use our software self-service.
On your own device? Adobe provide a discounted student subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud.
Please note: Most Adobe projects created in CC 2017 will not be compatible with CC 2015. If you plan to work on projects between home and UAL computers, please keep don't update to CC 2017. We'll let you know when a workaround is in place.
Assistive software on UAL Macs and Windows PCs can help you with your study. These applications assist with:
- reading and writing
- planning and organisation
- converting documents
To find out what’s available, please visit the Assistive Technology pages.
SensusAccess converts documents into more accessible formats. Documents or image files can be converted into an audiobook, Word document or e-book. You can even take a photo on your phone of a poster or page of text and get it converted.
- Academia Student Store provides discounts for software and computers. Visit Academia Student Store.
- Apple Store for Education provides discounts on loads of Apple products. You can also get a three year limited parts and labour warranty as standard on all current desktop and laptop computers.
Visit Apple Store for Education.
- Pugh provides a wide range of discounted software for students. Visit Pugh.
- The Viglen Student Portal offers software at affordable prices. Visit Viglen.
- StudentStore provides high specification laptops, accessories, printers and more at reduced prices
- Autodesk gives free access to professional design software, creativity apps, and real-world projects. Please be sure to check terms and conditions before you download software. Visit Autodesk.
Install software on UAL desktops
Find a wide variety of software in Software Self-Service! It is not possible for students to install software from the internet on UAL desktops.