IT Software & Discounts
Find out how to access a wide variety of software and discounts:
Windows 10 and Office 2016
UAL is working towards upgrading all PCs to Windows 10 and Office 2016. You will be able to access this software in the libraries and learning zones. To understand the new features this software include please see the Office 2016 guide and Windows 10 guide.
For more information about the Windows 10 and Office 2016 please watch the Lynda videos:
Office 365 on your own device
Download Office 2016 products onto your personal computer for free, it's easy:
- Log into the Office 365 portal
- Click on Install Office 2016 (top right of screen)
To get Office apps on your mobile device, download Office Mobile.
Leaving UAL? Your access to Office 365 will expire after your course finishes.
Adobe Creative Cloud
Adobe Creative Cloud apps are already installed on many UAL desktops. Can't find the app you're looking for? Use our software self-service.
Currently we have a fantastic offer available on the UAL e-store. A single £25 payment will give you access to all Adobe Creative Clouds apps on your personal devices until 31 August 2019.
What is included?
- Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe XD, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Acrobat Pro, Dreamweaver, Animate, Adobe Audition, Character Animator, InCopy, Prelude, Media Encoder and Fuse.
- 100GB storage on the Adobe Creative Cloud.
Please note: remember to move any work stored in the 100GB storage area before 31 August. As this is a pilot offer there are limited quantities available.
Creative Cloud 2019 and Adobe ID
Adobe have made a major change to the way their 2019 Creative Cloud apps are licensed and now each Adobe 2019 app now requires an Adobe ID per user.
Adobe released this change without notice and therefore the tools to allow us to provide Adobe IDs for all students are not currently available. Adobe are still working to resolve this issue and aim to release advice soon.
Once we receive the tools and instructions from Adobe, we will be auto-generating ‘free’ Adobe IDs automatically for all UAL students.
Please note: students will not be able to use this ID from home – the software will only be available on UAL computers.
Creative Cloud version incompatibility
It is not advisable to use different versions of Creative Cloud. If you save a project in Adobe 2019 at home, you will not be able to open it on UAL computers running Adobe 2018, as some apps change the way they save a project to accommodate the new features.
There are some ways to downgrade a project but there is always a risk that some information will be lost. Additionally, some apps such as Premiere Pro 2019 do not allow downgrading.
Assistive software on UAL Macs and Windows PCs can help you with your study. These applications assist with:
- reading and writing
- planning and organisation
- converting documents
To find out what’s available, please visit the Assistive Technology pages.
SensusAccess converts documents into more accessible formats. Documents or image files can be converted into an audiobook, Word document or e-book. You can even take a photo on your phone of a poster or page of text and get it converted.
- Apple Store for Education provides discounts on loads of Apple products. You can also get a three year limited parts and labour warranty as standard on all current desktop and laptop computers.
Visit Apple Store for Education.
- Pugh provides a wide range of discounted software for students. Visit Pugh.
- The Viglen Student Portal offers software at affordable prices. Visit Viglen.
- StudentStore provides high specification laptops, accessories, printers and more at reduced prices
- Autodesk gives free access to professional design software, creativity apps, and real-world projects. Please be sure to check terms and conditions before you download software. Visit Autodesk.
Install software on UAL desktops
Find a wide variety of software in Software Self-Service! It is not possible for students to install software from the internet on UAL desktops.