Check how to set up your new UAL account and what happens to your access after leaving your course.
New to UAL or starting a new course?
Setting up your UAL network and email account
- You can access your UAL email account approximately 10 weeks before starting your course (and within 72 hours thereafter) if you have firmly accepted your place.
- You'll be sent an email containing your network username and a link asking you to set a password. You should do this as soon as possible. The email will be sent to the personal email address you gave us when applying.
- After clicking the link, a second email will be sent to you containing further instructions.
Didn't receive the email or having password problems?
- Check it has been more than 72 hours since firmly accepting your place.
- Try checking your Junk folder for the email.
- If you still haven’t received an email, or you are unable to set your password, contact IT Services on +44 (0)20 7514 9898 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing UAL systems
You will have access to your UAL email account via Office 365 and Moodle, UAL’s virtual learning environment after you have set up your password.
You’ll get access to the wider UAL network and other computer services 24 hours after you've enrolled onto your course.
You'll receive an ID card when you enrol. Find out more about enrolment.
Use your ID card to borrow library books and access UAL buildings, lockers, and printers. Always keep it on your person when on campus and do not share it with anyone else.
If you have forgotten, lost or damaged your ID card, please speak with your College reception in the first instance.
Advice for 2020 leavers
Access to your UAL email account and UAL systems usually ends 150 days after your course finishes. Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, this has been extended for students leaving in 2020 until 31 July 2021.
Access will then be closed and cannot be reactivated. Once your account expires, you will no longer have access to:
- UAL email
- UAL buildings and systems using your ID card
- Office 365 applications, e.g. OneDrive and SharePoint
Complete the following tasks before your account closes to avoid losing information:
- Forward important emails and attachments to your personal email or backup your emails.
- Save any contacts from your Office 365 account.
- Use your personal email address for CVs, your portfolio and job applications.
- Save any important files from Moodle, OneDrive and Sharepoint.