Fashion Trend Forecasting (Online Short Course)
With the fast-paced nature of modern fashion production, trend forecasting has become a necessary tool to accurately predict the future needs and desires of consumers. It's also a way to generate fresh ideas for fashion brands.This trend forecasting course will provide you with the tools to research and spot trends, using a range of resources and visual imagery...
Taught by: Louise Stuart Trainor.
With the fast-paced nature of modern fashion production, trend forecasting has become a necessary tool to accurately predict the future needs and desires of consumers. It's also a way to generate fresh ideas for fashion brands.
This trend forecasting course will provide you with the tools to research and spot trends, using a range of resources and visual imagery. Discover the importance of the production and retail calendars and understand how they impact trends. Explore the impact of lifestyle influences on fashion trends, from music to the arts, youth culture and social media. This online course will increase your awareness of trends, and their impact on the fashion industry as a whole, and you'll hone the skills to spot them for yourself.
- The importance of fashion calendars and seasonal flow
- The impact of colour on design and marketing
- Influences outside of fashion: lifestyle & culture
- Street style, bloggers and fashion influencers
- Defining the consumer and brand appropriate trends
- An introduction to creating mood boards
- A strategic approach to fashion design using data
"The course was a great introduction to Fashion Trend Forecasting - thanks Louise!"
- Allana, former student
By the end of this course you will have;
- Learnt to identify a brand's sales model and target customer
- Gained an understanding of how a brand will research trends for it's target customer
- Practised predicting colour palettes from emerging trends
- Developed your own macro-trend proposal
- Learnt how contemporary life and cultural influences are impacting fashion trends
- Gained insight into the roles of street style, bloggers and influencers, how they shape emerging trends, and how they can fit into marketing strategies
- Gained some understanding of the contemporary debates around fashion trends, such as globalisation and cultural appropriation
- Researched trends using moodboards
- Developed an understanding of the main data gathering fashion trend companies, how they operate, and how they affect the business
- Received insider tips from your tutor, an industry expert
- Received personal feedback on your weekly assignments from the course tutor
Who is Fashion Trend Forecasting (Online) for
This course will be vital for anyone wanting to learn about fashion trends and how to predict them. It will be useful to a range of individuals who work in, or aspire to work in, the fashion industry, from fashion marketers, to fashion journalists, to those looking to establish their own fashion business.
Please note: This course is for learners aged 18 and over
Why choose an LCF Online Short Course?
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Fashion wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCF Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCF Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
- Paper and pen to take notes during live sessions
Details for booking
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Duration||Cost||Status||Location||Action|
|13/03/2018 - 03/04/2018||Tuesday||18:30 - 20:00||4 Weeks||£350||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|14/03/2018 - 04/04/2018||Wednesday||10:00 - 11:30||4 Weeks||£350||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|01/05/2018 - 22/05/2018||Tuesday||18:30 - 20:00||4 Weeks||£350||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|21/06/2018 - 12/07/2018||Thursday||18:30 - 20:00||4 Weeks||£350||Available||Online||Add to Basket|