Fashion Trend Forecasting (Online Short Course)
With the fast-paced nature of modern fashion production, trend forecasting has become a necessary tool to accurately predict the future needs and desires of consumers. It’s also a way to generate fresh ideas for fashion brands. This trend forecasting course will provide you with the tools to research and spot trends, using a range of resources and visual imagery...
Taught by: Louise Stuart Trainor.
With the fast-paced nature of modern fashion production, trend forecasting has become a necessary tool to accurately predict the future needs and desires of consumers. It’s also a way to generate fresh ideas for fashion brands.
This trend forecasting course will provide you with the tools to research and spot trends, using a range of resources and visual imagery. Discover the importance of the production and retail calendars and understand how they impact trends. Explore the impact of lifestyle influences on fashion trends, from music to the arts, youth culture and social media. This online course will increase your awareness of trends, and their impact on the fashion industry as a whole, and you’ll hone the skills to spot them for yourself.
The course will include:
- The importance of fashion calendars and seasonal flow
- The impact of colour on design and marketing
- Influences outside of fashion: lifestyle & culture
- Street style, bloggers and fashion influencers
- Defining the consumer and brand appropriate trends
- An introduction to creating mood boards
- A strategic approach to fashion design using data
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please have the following materials/equipment for the first class:
- Notepad and pen
In addition to the materials listed above, you will need:
- A recent computer with a recent operating system
- An up-to-date web browser. (It would be advisable to ensure you have access to two separate web browsers eg Safari and Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome and Internet Explorer)
- Microphone (a headset with microphone/headphones is recommended)
Finally, a good broadband connection is also recommended. (Mobile data 3G/4G or a mobile dongle might not provide sufficient bandwidth).
Details for booking
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Duration||Cost||Status||Location||Action|
|26/01/2017 - 09/03/2017||Thursday||17:00 - 18:00||7 Weeks||£500||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|06/03/2017 - 17/04/2017||Monday||19:00 - 20:00||7 Weeks||£500||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|05/04/2017 - 17/05/2017||Wednesday||13:00 - 14:00||7 Weeks||£500||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|25/05/2017 - 06/07/2017||Thursday||19:00 - 20:00||7 Weeks||£500||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|22/06/2017 - 03/08/2017||Thursday||10:00 - 11:00||7 Weeks||£500||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|25/07/2017 - 05/09/2017||Tuesday||18:00 - 19:00||7 Weeks||£500||Available||Online||Add to Basket|